+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Your Stamps

1. Re: Cleaning Your Stamps

Quote Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
    I was going to say this same thing. I clean mine, but try not to be compulsively anal about it.
    I AM anal about it. I can't not clean them. And, even w/stazon, it seems that if I use a diff color of stazon or even versamark, some of the ink comes off. I'm weird. I hate when my clear stamps turn red. Seems there is ALWAYS red ink on my scrubbie. I'm anal about washing the scrubbie pads out too. Didn't know I could put them in the d/w tho....

Re: Cleaning Your Stamps

what? you mean I'm not supposed to wipe them off on the butt of my pants?
    uh oh..I've been doing it wrong!!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    lol
    nice one cindi - love your work!

Quote Originally Posted by directmailscrapper View Post
    When I read that Tim Holtz didn't clean his stamps, I quit cleaning mine. After all, he knows what he's doing, doesn't he? Of course, it depends on what ink you use. I do have to clean up after Stampin Up ink, but not after Momento and Stazon! Are my stamps black? Yep! Does it affect anything? Nope! And if I really, really want to clean them, I do.
    woohoo! so nice to hear you have stamps that look loved and used! they are the best kind. you are an inspiration! perhaps they are like a good roasting pan - you know seasoned!

5. Re: Cleaning Your Stamps

ha ha ha ha... I purposely try to wear pants i don't mind getting inky so I can wipe mine off with my butt too! LOL.. ok not really but I have used the thigh portion of my pants to dry them. i am not by no means anal about cleaning them, but I always give them a quick wipe before I use colored ink so I don't get mixed colors.
    Happy Crafting!

check out my blog : stamps scraps n more

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    lol
    LOLOLOLOL! You crack me up!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Suzi, I am anal about clean stamps too AND I hate it when my clear stamps turn red and stay that way. As soon as I finish stamping an image, I will clean it before I do anything else.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

I do clean my stamps with alcohol free baby wipes. I wipe all the ink I can get off. Then I stop. Never had a problem. I get more upset when the ink gets on the wood of the mounted ones. I guess thats another good thing about ums.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    I do clean my stamps with alcohol free baby wipes. I wipe all the ink I can get off. Then I stop. Never had a problem. I get more upset when the ink gets on the wood of the mounted ones. I guess thats another good thing about ums.
    I may not clean the ink off of my stamps, but I HATE it when the ink gets on the wooden blocks, too!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

i used to only use a scrub, but then switched to baby wipes. much faster and more convinient. i also use my pants to dry them!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

+ Reply to Thread