+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Your Stamps

1. Cleaning Your Stamps

This is a common questions from newer (and sometimes no-so-new) rubber stampers. Well, there are several ways to do this. You can use a damp cloth, an alcohol-free baby wipe to clean them, or you can lick them clean.
    Geez, I didn’t say those were GOOD ways, I just said they were ways.
    So what is the best way?
    You will need a Stampin’ Scrub and Stampin’ Mist. Spray the mist onto one side of your scrub pad. The mist will clean and condition your rubber.
    Rub your rubber stamp on the wet side. The texture of the pad will get into all the nooks, crannies and crevices of your stamp and it will be all sparkly clean! Then, you’ll want to dry it on the dry side.
    Don’t forget, every once in a while, you’ll want to pop your pads out of the plastic case and wash that with soap and water, or throw it in the top rack of your dishwasher. I promise you clean, sparkly, conditioned rubber stamps that will last a long, long time.

Re: Cleaning Your Stamps

Thanks for the advise Catherine. I do use the Stampin Up cleaner supplies but I do need to pop the pads out and get them clean.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Glad to know I can pop the pads in the dishwasher!!!
    I tried baby wipes and just didn't feel that they worked well. They didn't get into the nooks and crannies. I use the Scrub and Mist.

4. Re: Cleaning Your Stamps

Be advised, I have been told NOT to leave the pads in the dishwasher when it is in the "dry" cycle.

A lot of demos have said on SCS that theirs warped this way..

FYI.
    Traci

I used to clean my stamps now I'm lazy! lol

You don't clean them !! Does it ever cause problems?

When I read that Tim Holtz didn't clean his stamps, I quit cleaning mine. After all, he knows what he's doing, doesn't he? Of course, it depends on what ink you use. I do have to clean up after Stampin Up ink, but not after Momento and Stazon! Are my stamps black? Yep! Does it affect anything? Nope! And if I really, really want to clean them, I do.

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

8. Re: Cleaning Your Stamps

Lick them? Nooo! Really? LOL

I'm just imagining the color tongues people would have after doing this and not to mention that icky rubber taste.

What a relief to hear this!! I have been getting really upset when I can't get all the ink off, especially when using Stazon. Not anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by directmailscrapper View Post
    I read that Tim Holtz didn't clean his stamps
    I was going to say this same thing. I clean mine, but try not to be compulsively anal about it.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread