+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: alcohol ink beginners necessities?

Re: alcohol ink beginners necessities?

Quote Originally Posted by Christie View Post
    You have to buy the applicator. It comes with a few pieces of the felt you use to apply it. The blending solution is a great tool for clean up and for making your ai's have more of a soft look. Of course you need glossy cardstock or some other non-porous surface. I have just about every color of ai's and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!!!!
    thanks Christie. that's just the advice i was looking for. you're a gem!

2. Re: alcohol ink beginners necessities?

The blending solution is also a great product to get sticky stuff off of scissors. Another really great glossy cardstock is Ranger's own brand under the Inkssentials line.

I have also started running my AI backgrounds through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder (after they are all inked up) and the combination of the ink patterns and embossing make gorgeous backgrounds.
    ~Cindy
    My Blog: Ramblings from my Rubber Room
    http://cindysrubberroom.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnistew View Post
    The blending solution is also a great product to get sticky stuff off of scissors. Another really great glossy cardstock is Ranger's own brand under the Inkssentials line.

I have also started running my AI backgrounds through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder (after they are all inked up) and the combination of the ink patterns and embossing make gorgeous backgrounds.
    oh that sounds wonderful! i'll definitely give that a go. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by milmogando View Post
    thanks sarah. do you buy them online? i notice they can't send them by plane from os!! my 1 local doesn't stock them.
    I buy them from Stamp-it. They are in WA but they do mail order.
    Funny you should say they can't be mailed from overseas- I won some as blog candy from a Canadian blogger and she air mailed them here as "stamping ink" and they got here no problems
    Sarah

5. Re: alcohol ink beginners necessities?

I'm glad you asked this kirsty! I've always wanted to try this and never knew where to start!

Sues sentiments
    Sues Magnolia Treasures
    proud DT member for Gina K. spotlight alumni~

+ Reply to Thread