+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ink Pads

Ink Pads

How do you store your ink pads? and do you keep them upside down? I have a ton of 'em, all diff colors. Some of them are getting dry and I'm not sure I need all those colors. What colors do you have? do you use?
    Do you reink or replace?

Re: Ink Pads

I do store mine upside down just because several years ago I was told that was best but I have read since then it doesn't help.
    I also reink some of the ones I use the most-like momento black, encore gold etc...depends on the shape of the pad too.

I have reinkers for my distress inks and black stazon since they both get tons of use. I don't store mine any special way, just stacked up right side up. From what I hear with the new stamp pads it doesn't matter if you store them upside down. I have every color of ink made I think. LOL, love my ink.

4. Re: Ink Pads

I think I have small pads of every color ever made! I store mine upside down and I think it does help keep the ink at the top of the pad. I also store my "sticky" ink pads like versafine and brilliance and embossing inks in zip loc type bags in a plastic container to help them last and stay sticky.

Kerry

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

I store all of my ink pads upside down... I figure it can't hurt. Love, love, love all of my ink pads.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

i store mine upside down in a drawer. i have tons of them and most of them i never use. i never reink i just buy new ones.

7. Re: Ink Pads

I store my dye inks upside down. My pigment inks right side up. Stazon inkpads are upside down.

I reink everything! I don't buy an inkpad, without a reinker.

I just had this image (you are about to have confirmation that I'm immature and nuts) ..every time I check an ink pad, I do it with a finger ..so what if we all got into our bathing suits (or shorts) and then dabbed all of our ink pads somewhere on US and then we would be so happily colorful AND we would know which ink pads were ready for reinking.....OK, I'll go back to my corner now....
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

Cheryl!
    WHAT????
    That is a vision I'm going to try to get out of my head ASAP!!!
    Colorful me in a bathing suit?
    yikes!
    To answer the question:
    I store most rightside up. I used to store them upside down, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
    Of course, the SU! inks are upside down by design.
    I do have reinkers for Memento Black, Versafine Black, and Staz-On Black.
    I have a couple of craft reinkers from SU! also, but have never used them.
    Joanie

Most of my stamp pads are up-side-down because I mostly have SU ones. I keep them all in a SU color caddy so they are handy. I need to get in the habbit of buying a reinker whenever I buy a pad. Right now, I have very few reinkers. Oh boy, something else to start collecting.

+ Reply to Thread