+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sad...

Re: Sad...

Sad! Our local humane society would have been so thankful that if they had her spade that the owner wanted her back. This is a tough situation to understand that they would not return her to the owner- that vet should be spade/neutered for trying to charge that much!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    Sad! Our local humane society would have been so thankful that if they had her spade that the owner wanted her back. This is a tough situation to understand that they would not return her to the owner- that vet should be spade/neutered for trying to charge that much!

Good one, Paula!!!
    Joanie

3. Re: Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Christie View Post
    There's been a case here on the news about a lady whose two dogs got loose and were picked up by an non-profit animal shelter place. She had been looking for a three weeks for her dogs when she found them listed online for adoption. When she went down to the shelter they told her she couldn't have her dogs and adopted them out to someone else. The owner took them to court and won but the new owners of the dogs won't turn them over!!!!! Maybe your son can get one of his friends to go down and adopt her!
    He's trying to get someone to adopt her, for them. But when a friend of his called to find out about the adoption process, they were told they would need a home inspection, a credit report, and references. I would do it, but he lives in New Hampshire, I'm in Vermont....they don't allow adoptions across state lines I guess! WTH!

WOW- are there a shortage of cats in New Hampshire? I know that our humane society takes dogs north to other humans organizations- such as in Mass etc but I have never heard them sending cats.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    He's trying to get someone to adopt her, for them. But when a friend of his called to find out about the adoption process, they were told they would need a home inspection, a credit report, and references. I would do it, but he lives in New Hampshire, I'm in Vermont....they don't allow adoptions across state lines I guess! WTH!
    wow! there you just go in and pay and they are yours.

I know they've been getting stricter with adoptions but a credit check? They should do all that before you can have kids! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
    I know they've been getting stricter with adoptions but a credit check? They should do all that before you can have kids! haha!

BOY OH BOY are you ever right there!!!!

8. Re: Sad...

They have so many cats, that they foster them out to private homes. There was a thing on the Vermont news about the over abundance of cats in shelters. In Vermont, they won't let you adopt an animal, if you have a pet that isn't spade or nuetered. I understand that they need to have rules but some of them are crazy.

Wow, I can totally see the spaying and neutering, but the rest of it is ridiculous. I have to agree, that they need to talk to someone with authority and see if this can't be sorted out and get the cat back in the family!
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread