View Poll Results: do you stamp the back of cards to sell?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, with a "made by" stamp

16 40.00%
  • yes, with a personalized stamp

19 47.50%
  • no, i just sign my name

1 2.50%
  • i leave it blank.

6 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: back of card poll

Re: back of card poll

Again I am late in responding to this post, but when I sell my cards, I do put my name on the back. I had a friend who told me don't "give" your creations to someone else. What she meant by that was that if you purchased a card from Hallmark their signature is on the back of their card. So I would get a stamp or have one made you can create your own signature and have them transform that into a stamp. But you are creator and you deserve to get the cudos. Clear as mud?
    Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
    North Branch, MN
    Proud Team Leader of the
    Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes

I've only sold one card that I was "commissioned" to make...I wrote: made just for you_____(kids name) on it.
    ~Cheryl
    shadoob

3. Re: back of card poll

I have a "created by Lori" stamp, with a moose in the center.

You see many many years ago out of the blue I was sent a stamp that said created by Missy Olson. I have no idea why it was sent to me but I do use it quite often. Just my two cents.
    Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
    North Branch, MN
    Proud Team Leader of the
    Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes

I sell a few cards at a hair salon. I have labels that I printed on the computer that I use on those cards. It gives my little card company name, and also an email address, just in case a recipient is so impressed that they would want to contact me to order more cards.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

I have 3 different personalized stamps that I use...I don't like to not use it unless I am in a swap that states not to..and even then I frown upon it.
    Darlene

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

I always stamp my cards. I have two different Paper Angel stamps I use. If the back of my card is pattern paper, then I use my label maker and usually add a sticker flower or something to make it special. I was commissioned to make Christmas note cards for a charity and they absolutely insisted that my information should be on the card.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

What kinds of cards do you make for the realtors? I have a realtor friend and I'd love to make some cards for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreative Dryve View Post
    I use a number of different stamps, some personalized and some not. I also run the card stock through my printer too, but mostly when I sell them to people I personalize them for, like the realtors in the area I say "Made personally for "Jane Doe". They love that kind of stuff!

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

I have a stamp that says "Created by" and then I hand write my name after that and add a little flower flourish. I've signed my name like that since I was a kid. I try to put that on the back of every card that I make.

For the whole bunch of cards that I made where I used photos that I'd taken--those I made labels for with my whole name, my MB name of 'MidwestStamper' and then a place to write where the photo was taken and what year. A friend of mine sold a bunch of those as a fund raiser, at a few Craft Fairs that she goes to.
    --Lidia

+ Reply to Thread