+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for u all!

Question for u all!

Ok i went to NC and my neighbor/friend looked after Shadow while I was gone, but feed him too much and he got sick and threw up and now has not eaten/drank( this is going on the second day) I told her what to do but didn't write it down, I told her that if she had seen that he wasn't eating his dry/ wet food just give him more of the other. I normal give him a Tb of wet food in the morning ( takes me a week to get through 1 can)and keep his dry food filled (bag lasts he about 2 months) and he gets treats maybe 4 times a week at the most and then its 4 to 5 treats at a time.

Well She feed him 3 cans of wet food, half a bag of dry food and 1 1/2 bags of treats all in one week. I called the vet and they are concerned because he won't drink, but said its probably because he ate way to much for his system.
    but he needs to drink so he doesn't come dehydrayted.

My question is Should i say something to her? I mean im grateful she looked after him but she didn't follow what I asked her to do. I know I didn't write it down and that my fault but she had my # and she could have called if she forgot

Now I might have to pay the vet for something that could have been prevented. I don't want to cause troubled but im ticked what should i do?
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

2. Re: Question for u all!

I would be upset with person watching Shadow too! That was a tremendous amount to feed Shadow. That said, I would give it another day of watching Shadow. He is probably so full he doesn't need another bite to eat and won't dehydrate in just a day if he was well hydrated prior to vomiting. He's probably got a big old tummy ache and needs to pass the buffet feeding he's had the past week.

If it were me, I would have said "YOU FED SHADOW HOW MUCH?" I know that isn't helpful post feeding but why on earth, if they were caring for your kitty, would they not listen to instructions. So yes, I'd be very upset but I do think Shadow will be ok. Just keep a close watch on his water consumption. He doesn't need a lot all at once...just a few sips now and then.
    Jennifer

My blog

Re: Question for u all!

I would def say something to her!! Let her k ow that your grateful for watching him but ask her what made u feed him so much! Anyone who knows anything about animals knows that u can't feed them like that! I'd be very upset! I have 2 dogs and 3 ats and they are my world! There my "kids"! I'm not nice to people when things like that happens. I try not to be mean but my animals are very important to me! I saved all there lives from being put down. I'd give him another day and keep a close eye on him and if not better tommorrow afternoon I'd call the vet....
    Jennifer Middleton

I called the vet this morning and told them what happened they told me to keep a eye on him and call this afternoon, he had not ate/drank anything all day and started to become bmore larathic (sp) so they told me not to wait to long and if he hadn't drank anything by thursday bring him in. I called my mom and we decided that since at 8am tommorrow it will be 48 hours since he as taken a drink. id make a appt. soS I am taking him in a 9:15 tomorrow, if he drinks before then ill call the vet and cancel. i did go and ask her if maybe he got into anything, when she asked why I told her he was sick, and she said no he ate really well "a pig" was her exact words. So I said "well maybe he ate too much" she didn't flinch or say anything. I know one thing I wil never leave him in her care again.
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

5. Re: Question for u all!

Good luck at the vet. I hope he gets better. I don't think I would leave him with her again either.
    The Shackretary

I'm sorry, Mindy..I hope he's ok..and I agree she is not a god pet sitter..poor lil kitty

+ Reply to Thread