+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update on Shadow

Update on Shadow

Well I ended up talking him to the vet yesterday morning and the vet came in and took one look at him and said "you have one very sick kitty" He told me that he had pacereastisitis(sp) meaning that his pancreas(sp?) could not keep up with the amount of food he consumed in that amount of time. and it was working over time making him sick. Anyways the vet gave him fluid therapy and a antiboitic shot and he seems to be better but it maybe a a slow process and he may have to go in for more fluid therapy and if that doesn't work he will have to be hospitalized and but on a IV. So I'm hoping the fluid Therapy shots work. thank you all for your kind words.
    Mindy
    "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
    ~ Henry Van Dyke ~

Living Life (My Blog)

Th e Cats Meow (My other Blog)

Re: Update on Shadow

I hope Shadow will feel better soon!
    Joanie

I too wish that shadow gets better soon!
    shelley

poor baby kitty.
    I too hope Shadow feels better soon

So sorry Shadow has not gotten better faster. I have always suspected that if given the opportunity Chester would eat until he exploded. Hopefully this will take care of your poor kitty.

Kathy

6. Re: Update on Shadow

Poor Shadow! I hope he feels better soon.

I also have a cat that would eat until he popped.

7. Re: Update on Shadow

Jack sends kitty hugs (or maybe the were snores, I'm not too sure...) He used to be a cat that would eat until he popped but ever since we switched him to the Science Diet food, the bowl is almost always full. I guess it fills him up better. We were worried in the beginning 'cause it cost SO MUCH but, since it last sooo much longer, it's actually cheaper in the long run.

O I'm so sorry!!! I hope he gets to feeling better soon! Keep us updated!
    Jennifer Middleton

Oh no I have a Shadow kitty too! Was this condition because he was overweight? I just took mine for their yearly visit and the vet was concerned cause Shadow is now 10 and he gained 1.5 lbs in a year. He sure is a chunk! So she gave me a stern lecture of all the horrible things that could happen to him with his health if he doesn't lose weight.

That was about a month ago, and now I have started picking up the food dishes in between feedings, and only giving a certain amount a day. I hope it helps. Your message scares me! I really got to get him down to a better weight. he is 19.2 lbs--at least as of his vet appt. Hopefully a little lighter now?

Hugs from my Shadow to your Shadow!
    Tricia =^..^=
    www.PurrsAndPants.com

10. Re: Update on Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by GotCats? View Post
    Oh no I have a Shadow kitty too! Was this condition because he was overweight? I just took mine for their yearly visit and the vet was concerned cause Shadow is now 10 and he gained 1.5 lbs in a year. He sure is a chunk! So she gave me a stern lecture of all the horrible things that could happen to him with his health if he doesn't lose weight.

That was about a month ago, and now I have started picking up the food dishes in between feedings, and only giving a certain amount a day. I hope it helps. Your message scares me! I really got to get him down to a better weight. he is 19.2 lbs--at least as of his vet appt. Hopefully a little lighter now?

Hugs from my Shadow to your Shadow!
    Jacks had weight issues since he was 2! He was pusing 19lbs at one time. We put him on the Special food & his weight is better & he's not constantly hungry. Best thing we did for him (and stopped feeding him table scraps. I've never seen a cat that loved bread. There is no question this cat BELONGED with us!!)

+ Reply to Thread