+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Twist on old favorite dish

New Twist on old favorite dish

So I had this little gal hand me a booklet from the National Dairy Association the other day when I was grocery shopping. Since I live at the store, I typically don't pay much attention to things like that but the kiddos were with me and they liked it, so it made its way home to my counter. This morning while I am waiting on my toast to finish I pop it open and take a peek, it is full of recipes from the dairy council. One was for veggie lasagna in the crock pot. The crock pot no less, I couldn't believe it. I LOVE crock pot recipes due to the fact we are often running here and there with the kids for games and the like. So I decided what the heck I will give it a try. I didn't use their recipe really, I used my normal lasagna recipe and just used their cooking time for the crock pot, 4 hours on low in case you are wondering. It turned out AWESOME!! The cheese even got brown on the top, which I found very shocking. We came back from the soccer game to the smell of warm tomato and garlic blowing around my kitchen, made me feel like fall for sure. It tasted as good as it smelled and I even have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

There was an entire section on crock pot cooking so I am definately going to try a few more of them from that booklet. Some of them are on their web site at http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/...cipeIndex.aspx. I am going to try the one for turkey tetrazinni next.

Cindy

My Blog

Re: New Twist on old favorite dish

i LOVE my crock pot. i'll def give that a go...tfs

3. Re: New Twist on old favorite dish

Ooohh, that sounds good...I really need to break out my crockpot and start using it more regularly tfs
    Cat

Thanks for the link!
    shelley

how cool! I love my crock pot. I'm bookmarking this

I love my crock pot too, but the rest of the family, not so much... They think the food doesn't taste so good when I use it. Maybe I just need to cook things in the crock pot, and not let them know...LOL
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

This sounds wonderful! I'm trying it and the site is in my faves!!! Thanks for the tip!!!

I love miine when I remember to use it! It is do nice to come home to a meal cooked instead of staring at frozen meat in the freezer, wondering what I can throw together before one of us is heading out the door.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

+ Reply to Thread