+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm a simple kind of gal!!

Re: I'm a simple kind of gal!!

I'm with you all!
    I agree that my stuff all looks so similar...layouts, style, etc.
    I just cannot seem to branch out successfully. Sometimes I'll join a swap that brings me outside my comfort zone, and it's laborious, for sure.
    Joanie

I like simply cards also, I dont like getting all messy and my fingers all inked up. So when someone sends me a card that they really put a lot of work in to I love it. For those who like to make cards, lets just make Thanksgiving cards what ever way you like, but make sure it has one area stampd and send them out as RAKS. Nancy

And I love to get messy Nancy. The messier the better.
    But I enjoy doing lots of different techniques. Simple cards when I'm short on time, or not feeling very creative (and don't want to make a big mess) and interesting cards with inky backgrounds when I feel more like playing. It's a poor stamping week if I haven't managed to get my hands really inky. Even when I pull on a pair of latex gloves, I somehow manage to get inky.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

I know many of my stamping friends love it. But I do believe it has to do with the artistry in you and believe me, I am still trying to like red and pink in the same place!! Nancy

I've tried and tried and tried to get my work to look more professional looking but it just never works out that way. I'll stay with the tried and true, simply made cards. I am desperately working on blending in my coloring as I love to color and I really do want my coloring to look a whole lot better then it usually does. But, for sure, count me in with the rest of you simple gals.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

6. Re: I'm a simple kind of gal!!

I agree, I am too. I do however LOVE to see the involved cards, but I'm just not patient enough for them. I've also recently realized I think I have made my scrapbooking much more complicated than it used to be. So, I've gone back to the CAS with that too. It's not like I'm entering any contests, I'm just trying to preserve memories for my family.
    Kim

Close To My Heart Consultant

7. Re: I'm a simple kind of gal!!

I agree christie. My boyfriend is forever telling me "keep it simple hun" LOL Although I do go all out when it comes to my magnolia cards. LOVE the maggies!
    I lucked out too speaking of Tim Holtz. I just went to a scrapbook garage sale yesterday and found a Tim Holtz DVD still wrapped in the cellophane for $4.00!! woo-hoo! It's called "An Altered Journey"

Sues sentiments
    Sues Magnolia Treasures
    proud DT member for Gina K. spotlight alumni~

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I like simply cards also, I dont like getting all messy and my fingers all inked up. So when someone sends me a card that they really put a lot of work in to I love it. For those who like to make cards, lets just make Thanksgiving cards what ever way you like, but make sure it has one area stampd and send them out as RAKS. Nancy
    Awesome idea, Nancy!!! I have a couple of turkey day stamps I can do cards with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scrubbybubbles View Post
    I agree christie. My boyfriend is forever telling me "keep it simple hun" LOL Although I do go all out when it comes to my magnolia cards. LOVE the maggies!
    I lucked out too speaking of Tim Holtz. I just went to a scrapbook garage sale yesterday and found a Tim Holtz DVD still wrapped in the cellophane for $4.00!! woo-hoo! It's called "An Altered Journey"
    ooh, wow, what a score!!

10. Re: I'm a simple kind of gal!!

Same here! I've been doing a lot of challenges lately and find my cards to be more "complex"...layered and embellished...but I'm a simple gal at heart!

+ Reply to Thread