+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Had to put one of my cats down :(

Had to put one of my cats down :(

The other day I had to put one of my cats down.. Her name was blu and she was only 4 years old. She had feline leukemia. She had been tested for it when she was a kitten and it had been neg. She had Also gotten a shot for it. About a month ago I noticed she was kinda yellow around her ears.. She was a very quiet cat.. Always keeping to herself, and she loved to hunt mice. She got along with the other cats just fine.. They all slept together and played. Bout a week ago I noticed that she was REALLY yellow and she felt lighter.. She wasn't chasing things ne more and she slept alot more. Then I realized she wasn't eating or drinking and wen she went to go to the bathroom she just stood up, peed and layer back down. I took her to the vet the next day and he took one look at her and knew she was to far gone. The vet said there are treatments and shots and stuff but it would just prolonge the inevitable.. I didn't want to put her through that. Hubby and I agreed with the vet to end her misery. We said our goodbyes and of course I fell apart. Even hubby was teary eyed. This is the 2nd animal weve had to put down this year.. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest ladys..
    Jennifer Middleton

Re: Had to put one of my cats down :(

How sad.....I'm sorry this had to happen.
    Dee

3. Re: Had to put one of my cats down :(

So sorry for your loss.

So sorry, Jennifer!
    I know how important our furbabies are to us and how hard it is to lose one.
    HUGS
    Joanie

5. Re: Had to put one of my cats down :(

I'm soooo sorry Jennifer!! You've had a rough year w/your furbabies!! Hugs to you. Jack sends kitty hugs too!

Sorry to hear that.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I'm sorry to hear this, Jennifer. It's hard to loose a pet you're attached to...but it sounds like you did the right thing. He's not suffering...more peaceful now.

aww, Jennifer, my heart aches for you, just reading this brings tears to my eyes. I'm sending up prayers of comfort for both you & hubby.
    (((hugs)))

So sorry for your loss.
    shelley

OMG, Jennifer. I am so sorry to hear about your poor cat. And, two in one year. Oh, that must be so tough.
    Heather

We Grow By Our Dreams (my blog)
    Grow Home (my Etsy store where I sell vintage stuff)

+ Reply to Thread