+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

Re: Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

Haha!
    You girls are making me laugh!
    We received Wii last Christmas.
    I spent 2 hours playing the Wii bowling.
    The next 2 weeks my side felt like I had broken a rib!
    Guess I should have been ambidextrous with that!
    GREAT job with the weight loss to you both!
    I have about 5# to relose because of the horrific autumn I had with no exercise since Sept.
    It's too cold to walk here now.
    I'll go back to Zumba soon.
    I've been doing jenny Craig since April, and continue to eat their food.
    GOOD LUCK to everyone!
    Joanie

good going girls!

Just a quick update.....My goal was to not gain weight over the holidays and would have been happy to just stay the same weight. Without WW, I know I could have easily gained 5-10# through the Christmas holidays. I went to face the music last night after missing my meeting last week for MIL 80th birthday party. Also had 2 Christmas dinners too. It turns out that I not only didn't gain but I lost 2#! I was very pleased. I didn't always make the "best" choices but I enjoyed what I had and still lost! Whoo-hoo!
    Dee

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    Just a quick update.....My goal was to not gain weight over the holidays and would have been happy to just stay the same weight. Without WW, I know I could have easily gained 5-10# through the Christmas holidays. I went to face the music last night after missing my meeting last week for MIL 80th birthday party. Also had 2 Christmas dinners too. It turns out that I not only didn't gain but I lost 2#! I was very pleased. I didn't always make the "best" choices but I enjoyed what I had and still lost! Whoo-hoo!
    Way to go!!!! I've been seriously thinking about WW. I think I'm mainly scared because I don't know how it will work. Do you have to cook different meals for you hubby? I don't think Nathan wants to be on a diet!

Quote Originally Posted by Christie View Post
    Way to go!!!! I've been seriously thinking about WW. I think I'm mainly scared because I don't know how it will work. Do you have to cook different meals for you hubby? I don't think Nathan wants to be on a diet!
    I don't cook different things normally. DH of course can have more than me but it's mostly potion control and staying away from things with fancy sauces and cutting way down on desert type stuff and junk food in general. It's very do-able. Just takes a little getting used to.
    Dee

6. Re: Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

I eat normal dinners with Charlie and Nicholas, just less of it . There is a thing on WW online that you can type in the ingredients and figure out how much points something is. Like tonight i made chicken and rice - Emily requested it before going back to college. I figured 1 cup was 10 points. So I just counted that as 10 points. Breakfast I usually eat cereal with milk (4 points) or a 1/2 bagel (3 points) or cinn raisin toast (4 points). Lunch i usually eat a spinach salad with lowfat dressing (2 points) or a Lean Cuisine (5-6 points) ... etc. Until I get to 29 points. All fruit and most veggies are 0 points so when i get hungry, I eat sugar snap peas, blueberries, blackberries or an apple.
    The Shackretary

I just got my new Points PLus books at my last weigh in and have been reading them over. The 29 pts I was allotted made me do a double take since I was used to 18! But once I get those new values in my head, I think I will be fine.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

The new points values threw me for a loop. I was also used to 18 but also knew the points value of lots of stuff without looking it up. Now I have to be careful about looking stuff up but it's getting easier.
    Dee

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    I eat normal dinners with Charlie and Nicholas, just less of it . There is a thing on WW online that you can type in the ingredients and figure out how much points something is. Like tonight i made chicken and rice - Emily requested it before going back to college. I figured 1 cup was 10 points. So I just counted that as 10 points. Breakfast I usually eat cereal with milk (4 points) or a 1/2 bagel (3 points) or cinn raisin toast (4 points). Lunch i usually eat a spinach salad with lowfat dressing (2 points) or a Lean Cuisine (5-6 points) ... etc. Until I get to 29 points. All fruit and most veggies are 0 points so when i get hungry, I eat sugar snap peas, blueberries, blackberries or an apple.
    That would make it much easier!!!!!!! It's becoming more and more tempting!

10. Re: Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

Good luck. I started three weeks ago on-line and lost 2 pounds which seems to be my best so far. I weigh in tomorrow and hold my breath every week. I have so many medical problems and take so many meds. I lose weight at a snails pace.

+ Reply to Thread