+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

Went back tonight after 1.5 years away from it. They started that new "Points Plus" this week. I'm a lifetime member so just have to pay meeting fee. I had lost all that weight (50+ pounds) and here I am again with 30 of it back! CRAP! Why do I do this to myself?
    Here is where I could insert a bajillion reasons/excuses why I gained 30# but I know it's just excuses. OH WELL, here I go again.........Wish me luck!
    Dee

2. Re: Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

Wishing you lots of luck!!!! Between predisone and laziness, I've gained almost 50 pounds that I need to lose!!! I'll be cheering you on!!!

3. Re: Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

Good for you!! Tell me how different it is. I was thinking of going back myself. I need to do something!!! None of my clothes fit . I did see on a commercial that fruits are now no points? I love all fruits so that would be a plus!! I think its easier to start BEFORE the holidays so you have a grip on it before they get here... (as I am sitting here drinking a chocolate malt from Cook Out). lol
    The Shackretary

Re: Went back to Weight Watchers tonight...

Thank you so much for the support! Just stinks to have to do it all again!
    The new program will take some getting used to. I get 29 points a day which sounded like a lot, especially with fruit and most veggies free. But...the big but...is a lot of stuff has bigger points value. As the new leader Tim said, "if God didn't make it's packaging, it's going to cost you more". For instance, the 1 pt ice cream is now 3 points. I did Weight Watchers before and this is all new and will take some getting used to for sure. I even had to get a new calculator because now carbs and protein figure in too. I used to have the food values pretty well down pat but this is very different. I think it will be OK once I get used to it. SIGH.....
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    Wishing you lots of luck!!!! Between predisone and laziness, I've gained almost 50 pounds that I need to lose!!! I'll be cheering you on!!!
    Yay, I'm gonna need some of that cheering for sure!
    Dee

good luck!! maybe you can kinda coach the rest of us!!

brave of you at this time of year! all the best, i'm sure you'll rock it

Dee, good for you! I agree, it is very hard this time of year to start "eating right" again. I know, because I started before Thanksgiving and last weekend...let me tell you was very hard...but I just told myself I would have a couple of days of eating bad and then back to it on Monday or so. I love fruits and think it is great that they don't have any points value, but that kinda is a bummer that other foods have more points. I joined WW yrs ago...and it was when I only had like 5# to lose so it wasn't a big deal...but I now have about 10# to lose and it is much harder for me now.

I think it is great you are getting back into it! Keep us posted on your progress! And if you ever need support you know where to come!
    Darlene

Here we go on Day1!
    I know it was a crazy time to start but I know that if I didn't I would be facing another 5-10# on my butt through the holidays. Even if I'm bad for one day (Christmas) I still will have lost a little by January instead of gaining. I kept one pair of pants that I barely fit into before I started the first time and when I got them out and looked at them I panicked! I just don't want to be there again. For inspiration I'm thinking that when I get to 10% (weight loss) maybe I will post a picture of me and them Jeans..........They are a huge reality check to me.
    Dee

good luck Dee!!!!!! I need to do something..I have to wear a bathing suit around a bunch of skinny people in FEB!! YIKES!

+ Reply to Thread