+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for kitty cat advice.. long...

looking for kitty cat advice.. long...

all thoughts welcome!
    ok, most of you know how I lost my 2 persian cats to old age..Zack was the last to pass and he was teh heart of my heart..I still wake up in the night reaching for him as he always slept next to my pillow. we adopted Ziggy,after lucky passed because zack was so lonely without his brother.
    then when Zack passed last march we started looking fro a friend for Ziggy cause he was lonely. so thAt's when we adopted Zoid. both kitties are very cute and Zoid loves his daddy..it's so cute!! Ziggy is lovable but a very shy and skiddish kitty. nobody but gary & I ever see him. so I am very much missing a close kitty connection and I really miss having a persian kitty..they
    really are a diffferent breed..act more like lil dogs than cats..maybe you have to have had one to know what I mean.
    well tonight i found an add in uncle Henrys for persian kitties in my city.. it says price negotionable..or trades welcome..well I thought about it for a few hours then went to talk to gary abuot it and strarted blubbering like a baby!! wow, I had no idea I was that emotional about the whole thing!
    well he must have felt really bad because he told me to call and see what they were looking for. I can't even believe it....like do we need 3 cats?? what if I do bring in a 3rd cat and the other 2 are not happy? I'm very conflicted tonight..and yes, emotional too'. any advice ladies?

Re: looking for kitty cat advice.. long...

I would meet the new kitties and see what you think (I have 4) and would love to have another one. I had one (Teacup) who was part persian and such a baby. She was around 18 when she died. She would lay in my arms on back like a litte baby and pat my face with her paws, slept in my arms at night.
    You will know when you meet the kitties if they are going to fit in. Cats always adjust to new kittie given a little time. They all have their escape places. We have a couple that other people never see.
    Good luck!!

3. Re: looking for kitty cat advice.. long...

Oh Cindi, I totally know what you are talking about. Go see the the kitties and see how your heart feels. Do you need 3 cats? Probably not. But what is one more? I kept two of Bailey's kitten, so now we have four. We will all welcome you to the Crazy Cat Lady Club!

I agree with everyone else. take a look at the kitties and see how it goes.
    shelley

I think you should go visit.
    Sit on the floor and see if any of them comes to your lap.
    You will know which one to get if one does!
    If they all do....well, then you're in BIG trouble!
    LOL
    Good luck....I think your heart needs a snuggly furbaby!
    HUGS
    Joanie

I am still very undecided if I should even look, but at least I'm not all weepy this morning!! I'm going to think on it a day or 2 and see how I feel. thanks ladies

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

i am no help today. i've been crying all morning because i have to take the kitty that's been living on my porch to the SPCA and now nathan calls to tell me they are hauling off the two little doggies from his job to the city pound and the city pound will kill them in three days. i became attached to one of those little doggies, we even brought him home one night last weekend. sorry, i didn't mean to ramble and was of no help at all

Oh, Christie, I'm, sorry!!! I know how hard you tried to get homes for all of them, at least alllow yourself to feel good about that..you did all you could do.
    (((hugs)))

Are you going to visit the kitties? Just remember only one. In a way I am lucky because I have a big old coon cat mix that is about 14 years old and she HATES anything dressed in fur. If not for that I would probably have lots more than just one. I got her as a kitten and she was on her way to be put down. She was wild and nobody wanted her. To this day, she only likes me and dh and is not cuddly, she jumped in my lap once in all these years and I don't know who was more surprised, her or me. LOL Hmm that was a long un-helpful story......
    Dee

I think you are wise to think about a day or so...see how you feel. I know what you mean missing a snuggly cuddly bundle of fur.

Christie-sorry your day has been so bad. You did your best-maybe someone will rescue them from the pound.

+ Reply to Thread