Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Postage going up

Re: Postage going up

Here's the link to the USPO 2011 price list:
    http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/...3_Jan_2011.pdf
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by workin4stamps View Post
    They really need to stop delivering mail on Saturdays too. I don't know why they're waiting on that. Don't get me wrong, I like my Saturday mail...but I could live without it!
    I agree- Sat mail could be done away with-mostly advertisements etc... but someone told me how many postal workers would be without jobs across the nation if they did away with Sat mail because they use a lot of relief drivers etc... I think that with the price of fuel on the increase-proposed to be 5.00 by the beginning of 2012 -the post offices will have to cut out delievery on Sat or the rates will keep increasing and people will do less mailing.
    JMHO.

3. Re: Postage going up

I think our post office did themselves lots of damage by cutting out self-service postal machines to weigh packages and purchase stamps. As well as the costs for thickness and uneven envelopes which continue to be charged very arbitrarily. They recently posted a sign comparing the cost of mailing a letter in several countries ...of course their point being our cost is the cheapest unfortunately that didn't make me feel better.

i think if they were more consistent, it would help with costs. some places charge the extra for things while others don't.

i bought 3 sheets of forever stamps for my christmas cards, then lost them in a pile of mail. found them after i got more to send the cards so i'm set for a while!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Starting Jan the post office will only sell the forever stamps and not the 44 cent stamps. That's what the guy at the po told me yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread