+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sending cards to be in a magazine?

Sending cards to be in a magazine?

This is one thing I have never tried. Mainly because I don't know where to begin. Is there a "how to" already written out in the Shack?? If not, Maybe a Shackie who knows how to do this could put one together? Nothing fancy, just something simple we could follow?? Wouldn't it be neat if we all sent in cards??? I wonder how many we could get into a magazine in the same issue???

Re: Sending cards to be in a magazine?

It's really easy.
    You find the directions for all the information about your card....they will put this in each issue.
    Just Cards, it's toward the back.
    I never post my cards in the Stamp Shack Gallery that I submit for publication.
    I guess we can once they're in the magazines, but haven't done it before hand.
    I usually make more than one of the ones I'm sending in because then you'll have one, and they will just keep the one you send in.
    I was totally surprised to get into Scrap and Stamp this issue as I had never sent to them...but they are part of Scott Publications, and I had sent to Just Cards....also SP.
    I think I used a sticker with the information and put it on the back of the cards.
    HTH
    Joanie

Thanks, Joanie. I'm gonna try it.

yup Joanie has it in a nutshell. Sherri has a copy somewheres of the dates & what they are looking for, maybe she will see this and repost it

I have not done this either Patty. Maybe I will try too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    I have not done this either Patty. Maybe I will try too.
    Ok, Paula...we'll do it together. I need to figure out what they'd be looking for I guess. I think they work several months ahead. Probably look at Stamp & Scrap Magazine for info...What about Just Cards...maybe there, too. Wonder if you can submit the same card to more than one magazine??

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    Ok, Paula...we'll do it together. I need to figure out what they'd be looking for I guess. I think they work several months ahead. Probably look at Stamp & Scrap Magazine for info...What about Just Cards...maybe there, too. Wonder if you can submit the same card to more than one magazine??

I wouldn't do that.
    Could be a sticky wicket if both published the same card.
    Joanie

8. Re: Sending cards to be in a magazine?

http://scottpublications.com/jcmag/jcguidelines.shtml

I did find this ... tells you how to go about submitting your cards. I always submit 10-15 at a time. They are more likely to pick more the more you send. I also never ask for them back. I just donate them so they don't have to return them.
    The Shackretary

Do you have the know everything when you make the card? By this I mean, for example patterned paper. I keep my patterned paper all together. So unless, it's marked on the back of the paper. I have no idea what paper I'm using.
    shelley

10. Re: Sending cards to be in a magazine?

http://scottpublications.com/ssa/ssa-submit.shtml

Also, here's Scrap and Stamp too.
    The Shackretary

+ Reply to Thread