+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used NUTRISYSTEM to lose weight?

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Has anyone used NUTRISYSTEM to lose weight?

I know we've had all kinds of discussions over the years about weight loss programs --but I can't remember if anyone else has used NUTRISYSTEM for their weight loss efforts.

Regardless, DH and I decided to try this. We received our shipment of frozen items and we're supposed to receive our 'ready to go' items tomorrow. So we're brand new to the program and are still learning about it and how it works. They have a whole website of support, recipes and advice and a place to log in daily and keep track of your progress. Also forums to 'chat' with other people.

I've done Weight Watchers several times and it's a good program, but I always get tired of the weighing and measuring. This program provides everything already measured out. I add fruits and veggies and other stuff to it to make it more tasty, healthy and well rounded.

So far, the few meals I've had have been good and were satisfying--we'll see how things go this month!
    --Lidia

2. Re: Has anyone used NUTRISYSTEM to lose weight?

I never have, but Good Luck Lidia! I love things that you don't have to measure and think about!!
    Traci

Re: Has anyone used NUTRISYSTEM to lose weight?

Richard and I have tried it twice. The first time was in 1990 and there were 7 of us (sisters, husbands, friends). Richard lost 100 pounds and I lost 60 and the others lost a ton of weight as well. We kept it off for a few years, then we all woke up fat one day... He and I tried it again recently and couldn't make it work.

My sister is doing it now and has lost about 30 pounds. She isn't as heavy as me so she probably only has 15-20 to go and she says it is going really well and it's easy. The nice thing is that the food is ready and you don't have a lot of decisions to make!

Good luck to you! Keep us posted!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

nope. i've only done weight watchers. i've had success with it, lost 52 pounds, so i know i can do it. now i've gained it back plus so much more so hopefully i can be successful with it again.

{click above for my craft blog!}

Never tried anything but Atkins, about 25 years ago, and Weight Watchers. I'm a lifetimer there...so far so good. Good luck Lidia..keep us posted.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I firmly believe that if you follow the Clean Eating Plan- and you truly cut out the foods with preservatives, corn syrup, sugar, process foods, white flour, msg, hydrogenated fats, etc. You will lose weight. I am proof! lol. I've done the weight watchers lost some weight, but gained it back, with the clean eating I have lost 44 pounds since June 6, the perks are you don't have to buy into any monthly program fee, you don't buy any special foods/packaged foods. You just make wiser choices at the grocery store, with lean meats, protein, good carbs and fats and eat 3-5 small meals a day. I guarantee you do this for a week and you will lose up to 2-3 pounds a week. I thought I'd never lose weight and it's amazing how easy it is, but I will admit, you have to have determination and be motivated to follow through, but once you rid yourself of these addictive foods, you will feel 100% better and have more energy. Also, pay attention to those servings sizes. I do measure out all my food, cereals, crackers, etc. You might not think a little more than the suggested serving will hurt you, WRONG- it does. That was a big problem of mine, I was eating probably 3 times more than the actual serving size suggestion.

I've done moderate exercise since doing the clean eating, so you don't have to work out like crazy, but you do need to build muscle as you are losing that fat. Just mix it up a bit, do a little workout that causes muscle confusion, don't stick to the same reps/cardio- mix it up, eat right and you will see the pounds come off consistantly.

I have gone down 4 sizes, 35 inches and 44 pounds and this has been the only "plan" that has given me results like this.
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating/

The number one key to losing weight, is keeping a food journal. I know it stinks, but if you at least write down what you eat every meal, this will keep you more accountable. Then if you see that you haven't lost weight that week, you can go back to see what you ate differently that might have affected the lack of weight loss. I have a sheet that I use and do some basic math to calculate my calories, fat grams, carbs and protein I digest daily. I try to keep my calories at or around 1500 a day and I've been successful in getting my 6 year baby weight off. It's nice to be complimented rather than asked when I'm due, yep, I can count about 10 times in the last year that someone thought I was preggers. I think this was my #1 motivation, i didn't want to look pregnant anymore, when I obviously was not!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask or PM me.

Lidia, I have never tried the Nutrisystem plan to lose weight most likely b/c I have always been "too broke" to do anything that costs me more $$ LOL... I think it is great that you and your DH are doing this...Good for you! Please keep us updated.

Renee, I never knew that about the Clean Eating plan..there are a few girls I go to school with whom have tried a variety of "crazy" diets to lose weight like the Salt Water Flush...I will never try this as I know what it entails and the results as many of the ppl I go to school with don't hold back when describing something LOL..

As for me, I joined WW yrs ago in my early 30s and I got down to 120 or 125 which is great...but I couldn't stay with WW as I was not working ...What I usually do and have been doing now since June 2010 (off and on since then)..I count my calories. I am a member of www.sparkpeople.com and I go on there daily to track and for the support and motivation...plus I joined a couple of challenge/spark teams so I have to keep up to date with it!! But I went on some free websites where you can find out what your BMR is and how many cals I can eat a day working out, not working out and to maintain and to lose...So, I have a general idea for me and I just stick to that. I try to work out 3-5 times a week and I really focus on eating under 1500 calories a day. Lately I just eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and then dinner and I try to not eat past 8pm (per Dr OZ) and knock on wood it has been working...I have lost 7 lbs since I first started at 140lbs...I love it...I am down to 133#..

Dr. OZ had a challenge...I forget the name of it...But something about losing 10 lbs in a yr or keeping 10 lbs of in a yr...There were maybe ten things you had to do...One of them was to not eat past 8pm (which I tend to do a lot...I mean I think if you work out after dinner or later in the day it doesnt affect you as much, but if you don't work out then you shouldn't do that) and he said (which this is something I've always done...and I didn't think it was good for you..but it works for me) to weigh yourself everyday...so you can see if you are where you want to me. He basically said the same thing that I do..they said that you can kinda track where you are and if you feel you ate too much you can tone it down...What I do, is I try, try to weigh myself around the same time each day/morning with the same amt of clothes on and I have a journal that I write down my weight for the day/morning and then I try to write the amt of cals I eat if I don't get a a chance to write the foods...most of the foods are the same anyways...and then if I work out I write down the exercise and all the info...I use a heart rate monitor when I work out so I can be somewhat accurate when tracking the calories I've burned..

Ok...so I AM VERY SORRY for going on and on about this...I didn't mean to make this about me...Just trying to give some insight to what has worked for me...I am all about counting the calories.

You should check out the DR OZ thing though...many ppl took the "challenge" I think..I did not as I could do some of the things but not all of them LOL...

Good luck! Also, Lidia, check out sparkpeople.com...I always mention it on here...I am sure you will find people on there that have used it and can give you some tips or motivation. The site is big on motivation for anything really.

Good Luck and keep us posted!!!

Hugs,
    Darlene

8. Re: Has anyone used NUTRISYSTEM to lose weight?

Thanks for the website link Renee. This is the type of thing I try to follow MOST of the time (Christmas got a little out of hand! lol). I am looking forward to checking it out.
    Traci

yes, I was way out of hand for Christmas as well.

I did the nutri system thing in the 90's also. It did work for me then. I think the nice thing as others have said there is no decision as to what to eat it is done for you. Also with you and your husband doing it together is a benefit. When I did it I was doing it alone and was the only one doing it in my family. So I had a different meal then everyone else which made it difficult.

I had heard the Dr. Oz thing on the 10 things. One thing I remember in his 10 things was using gum. Chewing gum works to keep the minchies away.

Diets are a funny thing .. what works for some is not the same as for others. You just need to find a diet that works best for you. You know you best.. Good Luck.
    Nicole

+ Reply to Thread