+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Postage going up

Postage going up

Did you see any articles on postage going up to 46 Jan 2. I think we should go out and buy the Forever stamps that are 44 cents. - Nancy

2. Re: Postage going up

I didn't think that change was approved. I heard they put it on hold??
    Traci

Re: Postage going up

really? The last time about 3 weeks ago when I was in the post office, a guy was buying a roll of stamps and asked the lady if the postage was going up anytime soon and she said NO! Liar, Liar! lol
    I just bought a roll or stamps too, but put a big dent in them with holiday cards/photos.

I heard there will be no increase in the year 2011. The increase was shot down for now.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

I just heard on the news tonight that they are not raising the postal rates. They are just going to be pushing the sale of the forever stamp. There will be several designs coming out. But no rate hike in the near future.
    Amy

6. Re: Postage going up

They really need to stop delivering mail on Saturdays too. I don't know why they're waiting on that. Don't get me wrong, I like my Saturday mail...but I could live without it!
    Traci

Packages are what will be going up in price, not regular letters.

Kathy

Aug 13, 2010 Tim Rich
    USPS Evergreen Forever Stamp - 2009 © U.S. Postal Service

A postage price increase takes effect in Jan., 2011. With the postage stamp price increase comes new first-class Holiday Evergreen Forever postage stamps.

The U.S. Postal Service has proposed a postage stamp price change to take effect on 2 January, 2011. The cost of first-class postage stamps will rise from 44 cents to 46 cents, but first-class Forever postage stamps purchased prior to the increase will be good for mailing one-ounce letters after the rate change takes place.
    Cost of Stamps Will Rise - New Postage Rates
    The U.S. Postal Service Governors have recommended an increase in postage stamp prices. The recommended increase is 2 cents, making the new cost of first-class postage 46 cents. The price of a postcard will also increase 2 cents to a new rate of 30 cents. Prior to the recommended price increase taking effect, it must be approved by the Postal Regulatory Commission. If approved, the new rates will begin on 2 January, 2011.

Read more at Suite101: US Postal Service Forever Stamps - New Design and New USPS Rates http://www.suite101.com/content/us-postal-service-forever-stamps---new-design-and-new-usps-rates-a273802#ixzz19YWekkLH

This is what I read dont know what that extra stuff is go to the bottom- Nancy

10. Re: Postage going up

Yes they did propose an increase, but it didn't get approved. Works for me!
    Traci

+ Reply to Thread