+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I crazy to have 7 fur babies?

Am I crazy to have 7 fur babies?

I have 3 dogs and 4 cats... All of them have been saved from one terrible fate or another. I just have too big of a soft heart for animals. It drives my husband crazy, but like told him the kids and I do all the care for them so what's he have to worry about. I keep the healthy so I have been lucky not to have to many vet trips other then for the needed shots and so on.

Mandy my black lab mix was dumped off at a trash site. Starving and so sweet.

Jack my beagle was in a shelter because his old owner had beaten him almost to death... it took me over a year to have him learn he was safe and loved.

Hachi was saved from a japanese puppy mill while we lived in Okinawa.

My kitties.... Idget was saved from drowing in the ocean in Japan, Angel was dumped off at my moms, Oscer was almost killed in someones car engine and Cooper was dumped on a back road at 4 weeks old.

I can't seem to help myself. But I love them all and they keep me company when I am alone.

So thats my story of all my fur Babies.
    Carrie

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: Am I crazy to have 7 fur babies?

If it weren't for Nathan I'm sure I'd have more then just one dog. i have a soft spot too but he never lets me keep them so I make lots of trips to the local no kill shelter to drop off forgotten animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie View Post
    If it weren't for Nathan I'm sure I'd have more then just one dog. i have a soft spot too but he never lets me keep them so I make lots of trips to the local no kill shelter to drop off forgotten animals.
    I have also found no kill shelters for lost animals. I fond a sweet yellow dog last summer full of ticks and skin and bone. I knew I could not keep her but before taking her to the shelter I cleaned her up and removed all the ticks....gave her a good bath and treated a couple of small sores she had. I kept her for a few days to make her feel safe around people and to get food into her. I hated having to give her away but I had too. I drove an hour to a no kill shelter to hopefully find her a loving home.
    Carrie

yup, I'm another animal softy here. so great to see people caring for and about little lost souls.

You're only a little crazy! Honestly, if we had a larger home or didn't live smack dab in suburbia or in a city that didn't have a 2 dog limit, I would probably be a crazy dog person! They give us so much love and expect so little.

Kathy

I don't know that you are crazy, I just think you have a BIG heart! I only have 1 furbaby (my dog) and I have trouble keeping up with the hair just from her. I hope you have a super duper turbo vaccuum cleaner!
    Sarah

Yep... Two Super vacuum cleaners and I have to use them everyday... Thank goodness the kids help... Also 3 litter boxes that get cleaned at least 2 times a day. But I feel good knowing we helped save those fur babies who could not save themselves. Even with all the extra work they bring I feel it's worth it. I could not trade them now for anything. They seem to sense when something is wrong and whe am feeling down and i find it a great comfort.
    Carrie

8. Re: Am I crazy to have 7 fur babies?

Credit to you Carrie for having such a caring heart. You sound as if you really take good care of them, and I am sure they all appreciate a good home.

We dont have any animals anymore,but we did have lots before the family finally left home. We still love to borrow an occassion one when our friends go on holiday.

Oh Carrie you are special!! I have 4 cats, 1 dog. All either left here or from the shelter. We have had as many as 6 cats over the years. It is a lot of work- but worth it all in the end. I have hair removers in the cars, suitcases, desk drawers at work and in my pocketbook. My dh does most of the litter box cleaning and feeding-I get to enjoy the petting, purrs, and puppy dog licks.

+ Reply to Thread