+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cataract surgery! UPDATED 1st. POST

Cataract surgery! UPDATED 1st. POST

I was on the waiting list for a couple of months, but the day has finally arrived.
    I will be so happy just to get this over with. The vision in my right eye has become very blurry during the last couple of months, making it difficult to do much work on the computer, or to read for any length of time.
    Of course I am a little nervous, but the actual procedure only takes about 12 minutes, so I figure I can manage that as long as there is no pain. I'm such a wimp with pain!
    I once found an article in a newspaper that stated studies had shown that redhaired people had a lower pain threshhold than others. I used to carry the article around with me, and I think I gave my dentist a copy!
    So my right eye today, and then in two weeks I go back for the left eye to be done.
    Then after an appropriate time for everything to heal, I get my eyesight tested again to see what prescription, if any, I will need for close work.
    By lunchtime I will be home and relaxing in my laz-e-boy chair. Wish me luck!

Thursday morning. - well it didn't go quite as expected. The procedure was easy - no pain, and not scary at all. But I ended up with a scratch across the cornea, so the first 24 hours was quite painful and irritating. I couldn't hold my eye open for more than a second, before the irritatin would cause me to blink and close it again, and the tears would be trickling down my cheek. I couldn't do anything with one eye closed, so I took my sleeping medication and went to bed really early.
    The next morning all was feeling much better. I was able to open my eye without pain. My checkup went well - almost 20/20 visiion in that eye and it hasn't finished healing yet. My eye seems to tire easily but I guess that I just need to be patient.
    Half an hour on the computer and now I need a rest! Thank you al for your good wishes, talk to you all again soon.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

Re: Cataract surgery today!

good luck Chris..my mom was a happy camper after hers. plus you get to wear those stylish glasses after..lol

Oh, Chris!
    Good good luck!
    I heard there is no pain.
    Keep us posted when you can get back to the computer.
    RELAX in the meantime...listen to your favorite music if you aren't supposed to watch tv, etc.
    HUGS
    Joanie

Good luck! Get plenty of rest!
    shelley

5. Re: Cataract surgery today!

You are probably home by now taking it easy. My DH needs this done too pretty soon.
    The Shackretary

6. Re: Cataract surgery today!

Take care and rest!

7. Re: Cataract surgery today!

Best of luck Chris, I shall be thinking of you.

Good luck, Chris hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Kathy

I hope all went well for you!!
    Dee

hope by now you're all set....till the other eye is done....so glad it went well. keep us posted....happy thoughts...huggs

+ Reply to Thread