+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about markers

Re: Question about markers

I have a few SU markers, lots of tombows, few prismas, quite a few Bics, few copics (sketch and Ciao) a bunch of alcohol markers I bought in Paris that are very similar to Copic orginal ( small tips), also quite a few of Marvy and Dee Grueing, and prisma pencils and OMS. I love all of them for different things. I use many different kinds.
    Alcohol blend better in largers areas without streaks. Prisma Pencils or Knoor pencils I still love with the gamsol/OMS. Just depends what I am coloring and what look I want.

2. Re: Question about markers

The thing with the copic markers is because they're alcohol based, they don't fade... I have been stamping since the 80's and many of the cards I have on display in the store are all faded out and that's because they were done with water based ink like LePlumes... I like the bright color of copics but don't like that they bleed through the card stock despite that being supposedly a feature... I did buy some cryogenic card stock but it's very expensive. Graphic Artists used copics for years but then went to computers and the market dried up until they discovered rubber stampers. LOL Re-purposing I guess.

I don't have SU markers but have used them. I liked it when they had their original Fabrico markers really liked those. I have a basic full set of the Close To My heart markers which I like using for water coloring or coloring on the stamp or just some times they match better with the image I am working on. I have a few Copics and like those also. I like the ability to blend the colors and there is not a huge color change. I also like the Copics beause you don't have the marker lines which I really like.
    Nicole

I love my SU markers since they do match the cardstock and ribbons exactly. Copic has more color choices especially in skin and browns. But some markers...will bleed through your card stock so you would have to layer those. I'm wishing for some Copic markers for Christmas!! LOL would be great stocking stuffers!
    Stamping hugs!
    StampAngelTX
    Lani

I have both and use both.
    Copic are new to me - So I like them the best now.
    But I used my SU still - espically if I am going to color the stamp, huff, then stamp
    67Cats = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ =

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

+ Reply to Thread