+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do y'all know about a DO vs MD?

Re: What do y'all know about a DO vs MD?

Oh Suzi, I loved my DO when I had one. He was amazing. My HMO doesn't have any DO's in my area, so I see an MD now. I'd jump at the chance to have a DO as my primary doc.

DO -doctor of osteopathy- but as some one said it is more of the whole body. My orthopedic guy is DO. They still go to Medical School, take boards etc but it is just a little less traditional.

If you like a doc and have confidence in him/her that is the main thing. Some areas have Osteopathy hospitals.

I haven't ever been to a chiropractor- but they are not doctors per se- no medical school, same with podiatrist. I don't believe in them either. I am more a traditionalist when it comes to medicine as that is the only jobs I have ever known- was medical. So...it was a far jump for me to see the DO, had I known he was a DO when I made the appointment I would probably have said no thanks- but I had torn the cartlidge in my knee and I didn't ask what his area of study had been-he was new to the Ortho practice so I took him-
    Everyone has a feeling about who to trust!

My insurance won't even pay for a chiropracter. -- Nancy

4. Re: What do y'all know about a DO vs MD?

Our MD is on a year's sabbatical to New Zealand, and a DO in his office has taken his patients. I haven't been yet. But dh and dd have, and neither are happy. She abruptly changed all of dh's breathing meds without even talking to him. Put him on nebulizer treatments, 4 times a day. Thats nice, but the man works...DH and his dr had worked 4 or 5 years to get the right combination of breathing meds. And 3 days into the new meds? He can't breathe. I can hear him two rooms away. She did the same with dd's meds. Crazy. I've just decided to go off all my meds until I can find another dr.

+ Reply to Thread