+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Important Question for those of you attending Shackapalooza:

Re: Important Question for those of you attending Shackapalooza:

Traci, I don't really understand all of this. Does this Inn supply us with snacks and drinks during the day?
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

2. Re: Important Question for those of you attending Shackapalooza:

I am paying for the snacks and drinks out of your scrap room fee. They have free coffee in the lobby, and others have said they have hot tea and maybe hot chocolate available?? I cannot say that for sure because I've never used any of it. They will set up a water station in our scrap room and keep it filled. Other than that, we pay for the other stuff. That's why I'm asking what everyone would like.
    Traci

That sounds fine to me, that way maybe we won't end up with so many snacks? It seems every year we end up with more and more food, one of these days they'll say enough with you Shack people. Do they have a veggie option? I can always bring some stuff, cutting up veggies is no biggie. Or we can have some fruit too. All I could remember is that it was a dark liquid in the pitcher! Didn't we get a case of diet soda at Wal Mart too?

Maybe I should just bring some brownies as usual and make the turtle cake for my bosses birthday. I feel bad since so many are trying to be good and with Suzi's diabetes, I don't want to be the bearer of temptation. You guys can tell me yea or nay.

So seriouly, there is a liquor permit you can get? Wow.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by workin4stamps View Post
    I am paying for the snacks and drinks out of your scrap room fee. They have free coffee in the lobby, and others have said they have hot tea and maybe hot chocolate available?? I cannot say that for sure because I've never used any of it. They will set up a water station in our scrap room and keep it filled. Other than that, we pay for the other stuff. That's why I'm asking what everyone would like.
    Yes, the coffee station has coffee, hot water, tea bags- regular and decaf and I think a few flavors, cocoa. It is a very nice set up, I get tea all weekend long.

Kathy

5. Re: Important Question for those of you attending Shackapalooza:

These numbers are *approximate*, but this is how it goes: The room is costing us $300 plus tax. I have collected over $500 from everyone for scrap room fees. I am using some of the extra money to buy us some snacks and beverages. I think that everyone is probably still going to get a refund even after I buy the food. (It won't be much, but maybe $4 or $5)

The rules for the conference rooms state that we are not supposed to bring in our own food, and we are supposed to get food and snacks from them. We have ALWAYS had a ton of food there, and they have never said anything to us. HOWEVER, we have always felt that by purchasing a few of their snack and beverage items, we are hopefully keeping them happy----so that they don't complain about all of our food that we bring. Does that make sense??? The stuff isn't cheap though, so we try to limit what we get to stuff we will actually USE and enjoy, without going over budget.

Does that help?
    Traci

Quote Originally Posted by tojoco View Post
    Traci, I don't really understand all of this. Does this Inn supply us with snacks and drinks during the day?
    Joanne, we usually buy some stuff from them so they don't give us any grief about all the stuff we bring in ourselves. Whoever wants to brings whatever they want, you don't HAVE to bring any food or anything. I'm just one of those people who feels they have to feed people! Whenever we go to the cottage I always bring a cake or some type of snacky food. It's in my DNA!

Kathy

7. Re: Important Question for those of you attending Shackapalooza:

Quote Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
    So seriouly, there is a liquor permit you can get? Wow.
    yes...but if you get it, THEY have to provide the alcohol!!! And it doesn't come cheap!!! LOL
    Traci

8. Re: Important Question for those of you attending Shackapalooza:

I think we're all afraid we might starve.....and that's why we bring so much food!!!!!!!!! LOL. Seriously...the last couple times it has been borderline ridiculous!!!! But I'm not complaining. I'll be the first to admit that I do love food!
    Traci

We will definitlely not be buying alcohol from them, I've seen their prices. We will continue to smuggle it in. And I think I can go on the record as saying that no one has ever starved at Shackapalooza.

Kathy

LMAO!! This is a weekend you will never be hungry! LOL

There is NO starbucks or anything like that. It stinks!!!

There is: wal-mart, meijers & about every fast food place you can think of just 10 minutes down the road.

I think that if we take our booze to our rooms at night we will be ok. lol

+ Reply to Thread