+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fall Shackapalooza '11

1. Re: Fall Shackapalooza '11

I was kidding about the airfare girls. It's only up to $400 right now!!! lol
    Traci

Re: Fall Shackapalooza '11

Just checked on Delta and it's 500 for a flight from Detroit to SLC, that's a no from me for sure. That's up about 80 bucks from the last time I looked.

Kathy

I hoping to try Southwest. I have never flown with them- but they have just started at the Greenville-Spartenburg airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    I hoping to try Southwest. I have never flown with them- but they have just started at the Greenville-Spartenburg airport.
    I love Southwest......2 checked bags for free, yay!

DH said I could go, but I still have to wait until the store schedule is final for Oct, which won't be until sometime late July. So I am a really strong maybe. Provided there isn't a grand opening that week, (which I really doubt because we don't like doing stuff first of fiscal like that) then I am a go. I will get a check dropped in the mail to you. Southwest is definitely the way to go if you can. LOVE that airline!!! I would avoid Delta like the plague. Sorry if anyone is a Delta employee.....but every time I fly with them something happens. Nothing personal but they seem to be cursed for me.

Cindy

My Blog

6. Re: Fall Shackapalooza '11

I'm probably a NO. With us going to North Carolina for vacation this year, a trip to UT seems highly doubtful. I'd never say NEVER.....

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    I'm probably a NO. With us going to North Carolina for vacation this year, a trip to UT seems highly doubtful. I'd never say NEVER.....
    never say never!!

i was looking at flights today and checked from different areas that shackies would fly from. average was $380. the way i see it, if you plan in august, that's roughly 20 weeks. so put away $20 a week (four coffees from a coffee shop/two lunches out) starting now and you will have enough! then do the same from august to october and you have room/play money!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Quote Originally Posted by mahodgman View Post
    I love Southwest......2 checked bags for free, yay!
    Oh YEA! Then I can bring more with me. My DH is coming-he will stay at the hotel while I stamp then on Sunday we will begin to explore a little bit of Utah where we haven't been before.

Southwest doesn't have their Oct. schedules up yet. I looked at several sites today, I am not willing to deal with long layovers for a cheaper price. And Delta is the major carrier from Detroit since they took over Northwest, not that it's my first choice either. Southwest doesn't have a direct flight from here to SLC.

Kathy

10. Re: Fall Shackapalooza '11

I always end up on Delta. It's the only airline I can usually get a direct flight from....
    Traci

+ Reply to Thread