+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Unmounted Storage

1. Unmounted Storage

I think I'm loving the envie storage idea. I got rid of 2 big binders tonight. And I only did the stamps with ATIOAO. I'm going to need to get more envies!

Thanks Paula for the help!

Re: Unmounted Storage

I'm almost convinced...............I have my unmounted stuff all sort of (ok not really) in drawers and what a pain sometimes. I have ones I use a lot together but........
    Dee

3. Re: Unmounted Storage

I found stamps that I forgot! I use to have a shelf for the binders, and I could easily pull them out. I have them in binders, dvd cases, in drawers, and laying on my desk....

hmm, maybe I should consider this..so, where do you store the envies? can someone post a link to the thread with the info??

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    hmm, maybe I should consider this..so, where do you store the envies? can someone post a link to the thread with the info??
    CINDI
    This is the link that Shelley posted a few weeks ago-
    Unmounted Rubber stamp storage
    This was on splitcoaststampers

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post17776251

Look at #7, she uses envelopes.
    shelley
    and btw I love it so far. I have almost all of my binders done now- I still have unity and Gina K and Stamps of Life to go. Although I do have a few in with my mounted stamps that I used alot.
    I stamp the outside of the envelopes and label it with the name of company if I know it etc...
    I am using the photoboxes like you can get at ACM's sort of cardboard or chipboard with a lid. I will arrange them in categories, cats, dogs, Christmas, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    I found stamps that I forgot! I use to have a shelf for the binders, and I could easily pull them out. I have them in binders, dvd cases, in drawers, and laying on my desk....
    Lori-same here I had stamps I forgot about or that had never seen ink as I could not get the binders organized to meet my needs. I have quite a few duplicates too. When I get done with all of it I will post some of the duplicates to see if anyone wants them.
    So far this makes perfect sense to me. Great just to look at everything again and kind of know what you have.

7. Re: Unmounted Storage

Here is the original post. I'm not quite convinced. First, I'd have to go buy all the supplies & I'm lazy & too cheap. 2nd, I'd have to stamp all the stamps on the outside of the envie. Yes, I have a big acrylic block so it would not be that hard but I'd still have to clean them all & put them back. Again, lazy. 3rd, out of site, out of (my?) mind: would I even THINK to use them if they were in a box, in envies??? I don't know if I have as many unmounted as y'all? I have all my Ippit/Unity in project cases, all together. I have enough problem remember what's in those. All the rest of my unmounteds (mostly Hero Arts) are in a basket and I regularlly pull out that basket when I'm looking for an image. I do have about a dozen unmounteds in CD cases. Those rarely get used; I don't know if that's cause I forget them or if they're just sucky images that I never should have wasted my $$$ on.

thanks! I'm off to work but will check this out tonight

9. Re: Unmounted Storage

It is a lot of work, but I think it will be easier to find what I'm looking for. I'm also trying to organize them into catagories that make sense to me. Before I had them in binder pages, according to when I got them! LOL!!! I'm even making an effort to figure out what companies made what stamps. If I find the company, and its a sheet of stamps, I print that out as my index.

hmmm, now you're all making me think!!! I was gonna go with the cd cases...and I do LOVE them for my nesties. However, the um's are another matter. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of envies. One question however...why are you stamping the outside of the envie? For example, if you put all your stamps of children in one envie, wouldn't you just pull that envie and go through all inside to find the one you want? Now if the stamping is for an inventory, that's another matter...and I think the quickest way for me to do that is to take photographs and put them on a cd (or would it be a dvd?). I'd appreciate opinions...sometimes I think I think too much about something and never get it done. I'm looking for quick, easy, least amt of space and organized/easy access.

+ Reply to Thread