+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Unmounted Storage

1. Re: Unmounted Storage

I've started on mine but plan on getting mine done at Palooza. I have only about 5 envelopes done so far. I have alot of my stamps in their original packages so i just cut up the front of them showing what they are and tape that to the envelope. I also cut up my old TAC boxes that I had stamps in and using those for the stamps to cling to. I like they are so sturdy. I think I will like this alot better than the cd's and/or binders. i never liked the binders. They would fall out constantly. I got a cute blue box with a lid at Walmart that they will fit into and i can carry it around (like i stamp anywhere else?). lol

Oh and Sams has 250 envelopes for $11 so I thought that was a good deal. If i cut them in half, that will be 500 envelopes. I have no idea how many unmounted I have but i bet its not that many.
    The Shackretary

Re: Unmounted Storage

At the Heirloom Show in GA one of the dealers had all their stamps in envies and then they were organized by category. It was pretty easy to find what you wanted and I'm sure they had way more than the average stamper. I was going to do it but I'm lazy and didn't want to ink up all the stamps to stamp the envies.

This is a good idea, I dont like the CD's because when you put little ones in they fall out. I'll make that this fall's project, have other things in the works right now. Now if we could just figure out a place for books!-- Penelope

My little UM stamps fall out of the CD cases too, that's why I've been putting them in photo albums. But after a while, they too take up a lot of space. I've got most of them already stamped on paper, so I'm going to give this envelope system a go. Seems like less storage space will be needed.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

5. Re: Unmounted Storage

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    hmmm, now you're all making me think!!! I was gonna go with the cd cases...and I do LOVE them for my nesties. However, the um's are another matter. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of envies. One question however...why are you stamping the outside of the envie? For example, if you put all your stamps of children in one envie, wouldn't you just pull that envie and go through all inside to find the one you want? Now if the stamping is for an inventory, that's another matter...and I think the quickest way for me to do that is to take photographs and put them on a cd (or would it be a dvd?). I'd appreciate opinions...sometimes I think I think too much about something and never get it done. I'm looking for quick, easy, least amt of space and organized/easy access.
    I'm stamping on the outside of the envie. So far I have 10 envies with moose in them. And one with just "moose sayings". And I haven't even started on the Riley's....I have a ton of Halloween too. So its best that I have th images on the outside...

I sat and emptied another binder tonight. I'm going to look for something to put all the envies in tomorrow.

oh geez, I can see this is a good system for me, now I am wondering when I will get to it?? lol. I too have seen companies at the heirloom stamp show using thsi system for their stamps. I am going to try this, just not sure when I'll start or finish! I will have to pick up the envies at Sam's, that will help

ok, after looking at my stamps, I have a confession to make..I'm an organization dumb@ss!
    I like the envie idea, but have no clue how to catagorize my stamps that will help me find them. Like Lori, most of my stamps are stored by when I bought them. I need help!

8. Re: Unmounted Storage

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    I'm an organization dumb@ss!
    This made me laugh!!! <like>

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    This made me laugh!!! <like>
    well, i am happy to make you laugh, now can you come over here & help me??

10. Re: Unmounted Storage

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    well, i am happy to make you laugh, now can you come over here & help me??
    I'm on my way. LOL

+ Reply to Thread