+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Life in the Thacker household ...

1. Life in the Thacker household ...

I haven't updated my life in awhile so I figured I would do that now.

The perfume business is ok. S-L-O-W. Very slow. No one is buying perfume right now. Even with Mothers' Day around the corner, no one is buying. Thank goodness I still make money whether I sell or not but it just seems silly for them to pay me to stand there for hours each weekend when I'm not selling much. Rumor has it I get the whole month of July off as its a bad perfume selling month so we are supposed to take our vacations then. HA

We go and get Emily tomorrow. The thought of going up and down the elevators (she's on the 5th floor) and running up and down the stairs just does not sound like fun. She will work at Razzoos for the summer. She was hoping to get on as a server since she is almost 19 but they said they have so many servers, she would make more money if she stays a hostess so that's what she will do. She wants to get an apartment next year so we are looking into that. Financial aid also pays for that so why not?! Now that nicholas is 16, he is starting to look for a job so I hope he finds something for the summer to keep him busy.

No new news on either house for sale. Its so depressing and we just keep hanging in there.

I have had ALOT of orders with A Muse and I thank all of you who have ordered. I'm already getting excited about the Christmas stamps that will be out this summer (I hope).

That's it from me. I don't post much these days but I just have alot on my mind .

Thanks for reading this far!!
    The Shackretary

Re: Life in the Thacker household ...

I'm glad for the update. You do keep busy. Good luck with the summer jobs for the kids! It's always tough to get jobs but I hope everything works out for them.
    I love the Amuse stamps! Thanks for being my consultant.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I had been wondering about you. I've been out of the loop for a couple of months and didn't know what was going on. It's great you found a job!! I am sure that made Charlie happy. I sure hope you can get one of the houses to sell. I couldn't imagine having them for sale this long. Has to be stressful.

I wish Nicholas luck with his job search. It must be getting kind of frustrating trying to get the house sold! At least good weather is within sight and you will have both kids around for the summer, that will be nice!
    Dee

i miss you!!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

I miss you too!! Hugs to you!!!

thanks for the thacker update!! It's always great to hear from you. I hope that one of those houses moves soon!!

Glad that you will have both Emily and Nicholas home with you this summer. I hope Nicholas is successful in finding a summer job. Hang in there; things are bound to start looking up for all of us.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Thanks for your update Sherri! Sounds like summer will be busy with the kids being home and you working a few hours.

That darn housing market! We are still trying to sell my brother's house, but it's 'only' been on the market for almost 7 months. We had a couple come back for a third look yesterday, but haven't heard anything about that yet today.
    --Lidia

10. Re: Life in the Thacker household ...

God love you, Sherri! I think about you often and have missed hearing from you. I know your plate is full to overflowing. Hang in there! It will be great having the kids to keep your mind busy this summer too.
    Jennifer

My blog

+ Reply to Thread