+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My PSA for the day...

My PSA for the day...

don't mind me. just venting here...

Just a word of advice, do not send your children to school with Flip Flops. It is just not safe! I had to bring a girl to the nurse today because her foot was too close to the outside door and it pushed against her bare heel and split open the entire bottom of her heel. She had quite the gash in her foot with blood pouring out. This was a 4th grader, I really hate flip flops.

Re: My PSA for the day...

they are banned at my school. Flip flops are not appropriate footwear for school, even in Australia, where it is almost ALWAYS flip flop weather.
    Sarah

Yikes that sounds like it hurt really bad. Flip Flops aren't very safe but the kids really enjoy wearing them. I've had a few mishaps while driving wearing flip flops where the flip flop caught on the back of the break peddle. Always scares the bageebees out of me.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

ouchy ouch!! poor kiddo.

That sounds so painful. I know I'm in the minority but I can't stand 'em either, they are just not for me.

Kathy

Sounds terrible!! Like others I have nearly killed myself with flipflops so I rarely wear them anywhere-actually I don't even own any now.
    Poor kid-glad that you were there to comfort her.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    Sounds terrible!! Like others I have nearly killed myself with flipflops so I rarely wear them anywhere-actually I don't even own any now.
    Poor kid-glad that you were there to comfort her.
    I have too, I have only worn them to go to the shower when going camping and I almost always hurt myself while wearing them.

I wasn't really comforting, I was kinda witchy. lol
    But I did help her up off the ground and I am sure it hurt like heck, it looked like a cut with the blood gushing out that was in some kind of horror movie. I would be shocked if she didn't need stitches.

I am going to see how she is tomorrow. This girl has been in my son Aarons class for years. I kinda was like, well thats what you get for wearing flip flops- not nice I know. It is a Monday though, lol. I despise flip flops and honestly there are so many accidents that can happen with them, even for the most careful people. You can participate in gym with them, the gym teachers hate them, but it doesn't help when our teachers wear them and sandals too. That irks me, so how the heck can we reinforce the kids not to wear them?

+ Reply to Thread