+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing any summer reading?

Re: Anyone doing any summer reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Fence View Post
    I don't know if I have read their books. I have heard of them. I may have read a debbie macomber, but can't remember which one.
    I enjoy Debbie Maccomber. She has a few different series and then some light reads. She is a writer from here in Washington State. Her series the Cedar Cove series is supposed to be Port Orchard,WA.

I plan on reading the new Debbie MacComber... and in JUne the new Stephanie Plum book comes out by Janet Evonovich..
    Nicole

I'm reading women, food and god. It's really good. I think mindfulness has a lot going for it...but that's a whole other thread lol

Funny you should ask this question right now. I went to the library just yesterday. I am now reading a Stephen King book...THE STAND. I just finished THE FIRE STARTER. I am amazed at how his mind works. I once took a creative writing class and one of our assignments was to read a short autobiography of S.K. I've heard that this book I started yesterday is his best. I hope that's right. Any Shackies out there that are King fans???

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

My son Daniel is a big Stephen King fan! I just bought him the whole Dark Tower series when our local BORDERS Book Store was going out of business! I don't quite care for the horror genre, but I've heard he's a great writer!

I may just not get much of anything done this summer--since I have SO MUCH reading that I want to get done! I too bought books when this bookstore closed--and I have about 8 books that I'm waiting for from the Library--AND I just got a KINDLE for Mother's Day, so I've been downloading books for FREE or .99 cents--so far I think I've downloaded about 3 dozen!!

I just got done with a good one called THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING--a cute and interesting 'first person' story of a girl growing up in Kansas. Before that I just read a couple wonderful Young Adult Fiction books: DIVERGENT AND DILERIUM--both set in futuristic societies. Now I'm reading PORTAL--a Sci-Fi book about two alternate universes existing next to each other, and which one does the heroine really belong in?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read!!
    --Lidia

I just finished 'the Help'. It was a good book and a movie will be out soon.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Spartymom View Post
    I just finished 'the Help'. It was a good book and a movie will be out soon.
    Kim, I read The Help too and thought it was good. Anxiously awaiting the movie. Saw some previews and whoever did the casting did am awesome job.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    Funny you should ask this question right now. I went to the library just yesterday. I am now reading a Stephen King book...THE STAND. I just finished THE FIRE STARTER. I am amazed at how his mind works. I once took a creative writing class and one of our assignments was to read a short autobiography of S.K. I've heard that this book I started yesterday is his best. I hope that's right. Any Shackies out there that are King fans???
    You want Cindi and I to bring you a pic of his house? He lives right here in Bangor. Hubby's fence company repaired his gate and fence this spring when someone drove into it with a car. Here is a pic of the gate we repaired:
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

Sorry, Patty. I have tried for 15 minutes to upload a pic for you and the site is not letting me add one.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

9. Re: Anyone doing any summer reading?

Love Stephen King! I've read The Stand so many times! My favorite all time King book is Salem's Lot. Love a good vampire story!

I bought a book at the Dollar store saturday called Rhett Butler's People. Not sure who wrote it. But I love Gone With the Wind, so I thought I'd try it.

Ooh, Tracey, I'd love to get a pic. My DS is such a huge fan of Stephen King. He's got allll his books! I unfortunately get too scared when I see his movies, so haven't even ventured to open his books.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread