+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing any summer reading?

Re: Anyone doing any summer reading?

Quote Originally Posted by midnitecreations View Post
    Ooh, Tracey, I'd love to get a pic. My DS is such a huge fan of Stephen King. He's got allll his books! I unfortunately get too scared when I see his movies, so haven't even ventured to open his books.
    I am the same way. I've seen his movies. They've scared the crap out of me! I have never read his books.
    shelley

I will be loading up my e-reader once summer starts for me! (We have school until June 30th!!) I am sneaking in 3 Willows right now, by the author of the Travelling pants series. I just finished my first James Patterson novel, Step on a Crack. It was good, a quick read, for sure. I have a few Debbie McComber ones in the queue at the electronic Library so hopefully they will kick in, in time and not during report card writing time!
    I do want to read House Rules by Jodi Picoult, I was told it was a great read.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I do want to read House Rules by Jodi Picoult, I was told it was a great read
    Heather, I really enjoyed House Rules. Interesting main character is a teen on the Autism Spectrum.
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Fence View Post
    You want Cindi and I to bring you a pic of his house? He lives right here in Bangor. Hubby's fence company repaired his gate and fence this spring when someone drove into it with a car. Here is a pic of the gate we repaired:
    YES YES YES!!! Thank you Tracey, I would love to see it.

I am a huge Debbie Macomber fan...just finished the 10th Cedar Cove book on the plane yesterday. Started her 'Hannah's List' and got into it about 60 pages....Love it.
    I have 'The Help', 'Water for Elephants', and a BUNCH of others waiting to be read.
    I started the 2nd book in the Twilight series, but kind of put it down and never went back.
    Michael Sparks,,,is that his name?
    Sue Grafton....all of her ABC books are great. I have a couple waiting to be read.
    The list goes on.
    Joanie

6. Re: Anyone doing any summer reading?

I've loaded up my e-reader as well as stacks of hardback books and I'm enjoying my way through them. Some that I've finished and thoroughly enjoyed and recommend are:

The Midwife's Confession, by Diane Chamberlain is an "I cannot put it down until the last page is turned" type of book. Loved it and if you read it do not think you've figured it out until you turn the last page because it is full of twists and turns.

The Kitchen House, by Kathleen Grissom. WONDERFUL story. Another book I thoroughly enjoyed

Two Dog books that I loved!! are: A Dog's Purpose, by W. Bruce Cameron and also The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein. BOTH are fabulous. I did enjoy Marley and Me but A Dog's Purpose and The Art of Racing in the Rain are told through the dog's mind and not so much as the owner's (author's) mind. These are two of the best "dog" books I"ve ever read and much better (I thought) than Marley and Me.

For lighter but fun reading I've thoroughly enjoyed all of Donna Ball's "Ladybug Farm Series." Really entertaining and nice stories. There are three books in the series.

In the same genre of women's friendships and more light reading and good stories are all of Marie Bostwick's "Thread" books. There are three out currently and the 4th in the series is supposed to come out next week. She's also in the middle of the outline for the 5th in the series so if you enjoy reading books in series you may enjoy hers.

I'm currently reading Letters from Home, by Kristina McMorris and it is excellent! I feel certain it will go on my four or five star list.

On my e-reader I'm reading Letter to My Daughter, by George Bishop. It will be a quick read and has gotten a lot of good reviews.
    Jennifer

My blog

7. Re: Anyone doing any summer reading?

In honor of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, I'm reading John Jakes this summer. I finished North and South, now I'm midway through Love and War. I hope to finish Heaven and Hell by the end of June. Then I'd like to move on to Gone with the Wind and The Wind Done Gone. I have all of these old books waiting for me on my shelves! Can't wait to get into them.

I read the Art of Racing in the Rain and I really enjoyed it too. I loved reading about humans and our actions from the dog's point of view! I also love Alexander McCall-Smith's Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency and just finished the latest in the series.

If you are a mystery reader, I would recommend "Intervention" and "Vicious Cycle" by Terri Blackstock. We read both in my book club and everybody raved about them. Personally, I could not put them down they were so good. The first is about a meth-addicted daughter and she goes missing on the way to rehab. The second is a sequel in which the brother tries to help a meth-addicted girl from his sister's rehab and he gets himself into a whirlwind of trouble with child-trafficking. Ooohh... so good!!
    "Terrible ideas... don't you just love those?"

I am currently reading A Storm of Swords from the Fire & Ice series by George R R Martin
    HBO [ A Game of Thrones ] it's the 3rd book in the series - the 5th comes out in July this year.
    Then after that I am going to read the Harry Potter series [ I have seen the movies but never read the books ]
    I have a couple of other ones to read - Pride, Predjuice and Zombies. Then the next book in the Clan of the Cave Bear series.
    I work as a Teleworker for a Big insurance company till 1100 pm ETZ. I am an inbound only Call center. After 800 pm we get very little calls, but I have to remain @ my computer and stay on my headset. So it's the perfect opportunity to read, and read, and come to the web site...
    67Cats = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ =

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

+ Reply to Thread