+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Anyone doing any summer reading?

Re: Anyone doing any summer reading?

Quote Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
    I read the Art of Racing in the Rain and I really enjoyed it too. I loved reading about humans and our actions from the dog's point of view! I also love Alexander McCall-Smith's Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency and just finished the latest in the series.
    I LOVE Terri Blackstock, read the books about the little island off of Savana, GA...
    67Cats = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ =

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Another GREAT book series is called "Sisters, Ink" by Rebeca Seitz. They are by a Christian author and there is some faith mixed into the story line. It is a 4 book series about 4 sisters who scrapbook together for friendship and therapy. I like it because they mention companies and products and you know exactly what they are talking about. Crafty and clever!
    "Terrible ideas... don't you just love those?"

The Dark Tower isn't his normal theme - it's more Fanatsy; Knights.
    I think he wrote the series for his daughter...
    It was Long time ago that I read them - I liked them better than some of his later Horror books.
    The last Stephen King I read was IT. I was SO dissapointed with the ending after being SO Scared reading it
    I gave him up as someone to read.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

I read Water for Elephants and thought it was Very good.
    I think I'd like to read The Help.

Another GREAT book series is called "Sisters, Ink" by Rebeca Seitz. They are by a Christian author and there is some faith mixed into the story line. It is a 4 book series about 4 sisters who scrapbook together for friendship and therapy. I like it because they mention companies and products and you know exactly what they are talking about. Crafty and clever!

WOW, that REALLY sounds up my alley!

I love reading, and have a whole pile of books that I plan to read this summer.
    I just finished "Room" by Emma Donoghue - wow, what a story - I couldn't stop reading it!
    And I also read, "Keeping Faith", and "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

7. Re: Anyone doing any summer reading?

Well its winter here - so lots of reading tucked up in front of the fire with a puss on my knee.
    Currently reading a couple of crime/mystery type by english authors. Nora Roberts The Fire Jumper
    is next on my list. Then its the 6 I picked up from the library yesterday. I also occasionally listen
    to audio books while I'm crafting or mucking about on the computer

8. Re: Anyone doing any summer reading?

I just got my order from Crossings book club,"A Time to Heal" and "A Time to Love".They are Amish romance books.

+ Reply to Thread