+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: There was a tornado in Springfield just now!

Re: There was a tornado in Springfield just now!

Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    I just checked the Heirloom Pro site this morning and someone from the Big E said there was no damage in the fairgrounds.
    So, I'm guessing the show will go on....providing there is electricity and water.
    Should I pack my suitcase?????
    Joanie
    I'm going to pack.......I called the Hotel and they said everything is fine there too.
    Dee

2. Re: There was a tornado in Springfield just now!

The tornado actually formed over the river then moved down the river aways, then headed in the opposite direction of the fairgrounds. Not sure where the hotel is, but if its on the same side as the fairgrounds, I think all is good.

3. Re: There was a tornado in Springfield just now!

Waiting for the guy for my paycheck...If its as good as I think it should be, dh won't mind!

Lori,
    It will be so good to see you!
    Joanie

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

How frightening to hear about the damage of these tornadoes! I didn't watch TV at all last night, so I was unaware until my DH got on the computer at around 10:30 pm and he always checks news updates so he told me about it. We are still cleaning up from our huge tornado that went through North Minneapolis a few weeks ago. Sometimes it takes a long time to clear all the debris away so that people can even get to the damaged homes!

I didn't even realize that you East Coast gals were planning a get-together! Hope it can all happen yet and that you'll have a fun time! When were you going to meet?
    --Lidia

6. Re: There was a tornado in Springfield just now!

I just wanted to pop in and say have fun without me. Boo hoooo. I would much rather be there than spraying perfume this weekend!! Send me pics on my cell phone so I can see what i am missing!! LOL
    The Shackretary

7. Re: There was a tornado in Springfield just now!

Still waiting......

Wish I had taken a picture of the creepy yellow sky we had here. I've only ever seen that out west, once in York, NE and once in Colorado, after tornados. Grandmonster was twitchy about the color of the sky!!!

Our sky here was all greenish. We had wind and one little maple tree down and branches full of leaves all over the yard but thankfully no real damage! We just aren't prepared for tornadoes around here. We can deal with a 4 ft snowstorm with ease but all that other stuff is just crazy!
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestStamper View Post
    How frightening to hear about the damage of these tornadoes! I didn't watch TV at all last night, so I was unaware until my DH got on the computer at around 10:30 pm and he always checks news updates so he told me about it. We are still cleaning up from our huge tornado that went through North Minneapolis a few weeks ago. Sometimes it takes a long time to clear all the debris away so that people can even get to the damaged homes!

I didn't even realize that you East Coast gals were planning a get-together! Hope it can all happen yet and that you'll have a fun time! When were you going to meet?
    We should all be meeting late Friday afternoon and Lori WILL be there Saturday. (Lori, notice I said will, not might! LOL!)
    Dee

we were under tornado watch all day yesterday..scary..I don't even have a cellar! I am going on the assumption we are still on..and am packing today. I Told Tracey that I took time off work, our hotel is paid..we are going on a road trip anyways!! lol
    can't wait to see everyone..don't forget your Micheals coupons! we are leaving at 8 am..see you soon..that means you too Lori!

+ Reply to Thread