+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mega Mount learning curve...

Re: Mega Mount learning curve...

ok, so tell. What is this mega block and what's with stamping on a brick?
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

Hmmm, I'm a terrible 'splainer but I'll try......It's a big acrylic block that is curved and has a handle. The beauty is when you use a big background stamp such as the distressed brick background, you get a nice clean crisp image with ease. No more standing on the stamp or using a brayer to get a good impression. I've been playing with it and I'm really happy with it! I've seen some that were smaller and were called something like Rocker-blocks. Clear as mud?
    Dee

it's a lot clearer than mud! Thanks. I've seen these rocker blocks but when everyone kept saying stamping on brick, I thought there was this new gadget and they were actually stamping on brick, not using a brick stamp! I hate the large background stamps, because I get a really bad impression most of the time. I guess I better go look for one of these. Now who should I thank for enabling me! lol. by the way, what's the going rate on these large rocker blocks?
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

4. Re: Mega Mount learning curve...

I paid $60 something, for 3 background stamps and the block. I think the block alone was $24.95.

Ours came from Impression Obsession at the show and they were $24. I hesitated (for a mili-second, lol!) at the price but so worth it to be able to use all the backgrounds I have. Before this block I really struggled to get a good image with them. I have some big flourish stamps that it works really awesome with too. At I.O. it's called a Mega Mount.
    It must be Lori's fault for enabling...tee-hee!
    Dee

6. Re: Mega Mount learning curve...

Hmmm, sounds like something I might need. Can you use it for other BIG stamps too or just b/g???

Anything with a cling backing should work, Suzi!
    Joanie

I just played with mine..love it!!!!!

I was going to use double stick tape for my unmounted ones but now thinking to avoid the mess I might just mount the backgrounds on cling.
    Dee

You can also use the Mega Mount with small stamps also. The owner of IO was doing a demo at CHA and was talking bout how it works on smalls tamps also very well.
    Nicole

+ Reply to Thread