+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I booked my flight for Fall Palooza today!!!

Re: I booked my flight for Fall Palooza today!!!

Yea! Mary I will get to meet you too. I am excited!! I am looking forward to vacation.
    Who else is coming- Joanne I hope you get there!
    Traci! Yea can't wait to see what's left of you! You are going to have to post some new pics with 119 lbs gone!

I'm going to be optimistic about the flights to SLC. It seems as of today there are 20 Delta flights just on Oct. 5th alone where as when I tried to get to Suzi's house in St. Louis there were only 2 flights that day and the one I would have been on was cancelled. The next day there were only 3 flights to Indiana and they were filled with Delta businesspeople. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed from now until October.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

3. Re: I booked my flight for Fall Palooza today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tojoco View Post
    I'm going to be optimistic about the flights to SLC. It seems as of today there are 20 Delta flights just on Oct. 5th alone where as when I tried to get to Suzi's house in St. Louis there were only 2 flights that day and the one I would have been on was cancelled. The next day there were only 3 flights to Indiana and they were filled with Delta businesspeople. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed from now until October.
    that sounds fantastic!!!
    Traci

Quote Originally Posted by workin4stamps View Post
    I got an email this morning that fares had gone down by $155!!!! I checked it out and I was able to get a flight for a total of $220 including taxes and fees. Awesome!!!

I do have to make one stop in Houston each way, but I figured it is worth it for the money I'm saving! A direct flight on Delta is currently $400. The flight I booked is on Continental.

So I'm official!! And I'm so excited!!
    I'm really excited that you got such a good deal. And who say's you will get to rest Wednesday night!!
    See you then.
    sweetpea

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    Traci that's a good deal. I am coming too. My dh and I will fly into SLC on Oct 1, then drive to Yellowstone and come back on Thurs. I have to leave early on Sunday but at least I will get to hang out on Thurs eve, Fri and Sat with you all. He will chill at the Inn while I do my thing. We haven't been to Yellowstone in 4 or 5 years so I am looking forward to it. Of course we will have to visit the salt flats around SLC.
    Paula, you'll have so much fun in Yellowstone. Be sure to give either me or Ang a call when you hit SLC. Can't wait to see you too. It's just around the corner--I'm afraid summer will be gone before we know it.
    sweetpea

Sherri, it's a little hard to swallow paying a couple hundred dollars for a paid ticket when I can fly first class for free. The only drawback is having to fly stand-by. Hopefully there will be more scheduled flights to Utah then there were to Indiana, and I'll be lucky enough to get on one.
    And look how well THAT worked out for you! Just saying... Certain people missed getting to see you.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    Paula, you'll have so much fun in Yellowstone. Be sure to give either me or Ang a call when you hit SLC. Can't wait to see you too. It's just around the corner--I'm afraid summer will be gone before we know it.
    I will let you all know- can't wait myself for it to get here. That is what's going to get me through all these muggy 90 degree days -the reward at the end of the summer-seeing you and Ang and bunch more Shackies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
    And look how well THAT worked out for you! Just saying... Certain people missed getting to see you.
    Kathy, we just keep missing each other but I know we will meet someday soon. I think you'll be all healed and recovered from your knee surgery and I'm pretty much recovered from my back surgery so how about we meet up in Utah. Have you considered going? p.s. I need a roommate!
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Kathy, we just keep missing each other but I know we will meet someday soon. I think you'll be all healed and recovered from your knee surgery and I'm pretty much recovered from my back surgery so how about we meet up in Utah. Have you considered going? p.s. I need a roommate!
    Nope, it will be completely out of the question. I only get 2 weeks vacation and that plus will be used up with my surgery. I was wanting to take a fall vacation for our 20th anniversary and don't even get to do that now.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
    Nope, it will be completely out of the question. I only get 2 weeks vacation and that plus will be used up with my surgery. I was wanting to take a fall vacation for our 20th anniversary and don't even get to do that now.
    Kathy you will need a vacation after this knee surgery...wish you could come to SLC.

+ Reply to Thread