+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: heartbroken....

heartbroken....

The other day i had to do the hardest thing ive ever done in my life... i had to put my precious baby by Lucky down... it absolutely shattered my heart and has left a gaping hole in me. He was 3 years old and had FIP. He was never perfectly healthy but you would've never know anything was wrong with him. On Monday night he started to throw up and threw up all night. i thought maybe he had gotten into something so i kept a close eye on him. He ate a little bit, but hours later threw that up as well. hes always been a huge water drinker but was barley drinking anything. i stayed up all night with him and watched him closely that day. the next night he just slept a lot so i once again stayed up to keep my eye on him. wed morning i knew it was bad, when he stood up his legs were really wobbly and he had blood on his mouth. i immediately took him to the vets when they told me the worst. the FIP had finally taken over, his liver had completely shut down and he was miserable. He no longer had a good quality of life, all in 48 hours. i fell apart (my mom was with me) and almost went into an anxiety attack (ive had them and been on meds since i was 16) how was i supposed to live without my baby boy? he was like my son. i bottle fed him, he shared food with me, he slept on my pillow and he went everywhere with me. they said it would b the best to put him down. they let me say goodbye... it took me 45 min of hysterics, kissing him and telling him how much i love him b4 i finally handed him to the vet, who was also in tears. the assistants said theyve never seen such love for an animal. i cant eat, i cant sleep, and i dont want to stamp. he would sit on my table with me while i did. i dont want to do anything. i simply want to curl up in a ball and b told its just a horrible dream..... thank u for letting me get all this out. my hubby is ripped apart to. like i said he was like our son... and i just dont know how to heal.... next week im getting a tattoo in honor of him on my foot... it will be his paw print with wings and his name... he will always be with me... i hope hes happy and pain free wherever he is.. he is amazing and deserves it...
    Jennifer Middleton

2. Re: heartbroken....

Aw Jenn, you've not been having a good run of luck have you??? I'm soooo sorry!!! It's so hard to let pets go. But the love they give us while they are with us does make it all worth it. Remember the good times & be happy he didn't suffer for long at the end. BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!

3. Re: heartbroken....

I'm so sorry Jenn!! Big hugs to you!!!!
    The Shackretary

Re: heartbroken....

Hugs to you! I'm so sorry.
    shelley

oh, i am soo sorry!! i know teh heartache of losing a furbaby. my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    (((hugs)))

I am SO sorry to hear about Lucky
    All of my children have paws & fur too...
    I am here for you if you need me.
    Sincerely,
    Leigh
    67Cats = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ =

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

I'm so sorry! They really are family! Sending you a hug.......
    Dee

Hugs, Jennifer. I know what you're going through. Recently lost our little furbaby...still cry sometimes.
    Joanie

He will be with you forever! You gave him a good life and you did the final best thing that could be done by not letting him suffer. Think of the good memories, he would not want you to make yourself sick. Thinking of you...we too only have babies with paws and fur. It hurts to let them go but it is best when they cannot run, play and eat in comfort.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

i'm so sorry ((((hugs))))

+ Reply to Thread