+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Shack Survivor July 2011

Hybrid View

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Shack Survivor July 2011

Think you have the game of Survivor all figured out? Think again!

Can you out-wit, out-stamp, and out-last your opponents? If so, get ready to play Survivor, Shack style!

Game Start Date: Monday July 25, 2011

Gallery Close: Sunday July 24, 2011 at exactly 6:00pm Central Time. No late entries will be accepted so please be sure to have your entry uploaded on time. UPLOAD YOUR ENTRY HERE
    Object of the game: To have your card avoid elimination and be the last one remaining in the gallery.

Instructions:

Make yourself a card as your official game entry. You can make your card very plain and simple with the hope that what you do put on your card flies under the radar and avoids elimination. Or, you can choose to make your card absolutely wild and crazy and over the top with hopes that the crazy items on your card don’t get you eliminated! Or anything in between!

When your card is completed upload it to our Shack Survivor card gallery and title it Survivor 2011
    Once the contest has begun, we will release an 'Elimination Statement' each and every morning. If your card contains the item listed in the elimination statement for that day, it is removed from the game and from the gallery. An elimination statement might look something like this: 'If your card contains a red brad, you are eliminated from play.' So, all entries containing a red brad(s) will be eliminated from the game.

Elimination statements will be released each day until we have just one card remaining in the gallery. The final card is our Shack Survivor and is the winner of the contest and the prize!

The Rules:

Only ONE entry per player, please.
    Please be sure that your entry/photo is as clear as possible (ie. no tiny little photos, no blurry photos).
    When uploading your entry, be sure to provide an accurate list of all items/colors/techniques/stamp manufacturers used on your card. If you fail to do this, your entry will be removed.
    To keep things fair, only standard greeting cards will be accepted into play. No 6x6 recipe cards, ATCs, or altered items are permitted.
    There must be at least 15 entries uploaded in the gallery on the day that the game commences. If there are fewer than 15 cards in the Survivor Game Gallery, the game will be postponed until a later date or until we have the minimum number of entries.
    The Prize: to be announced
    Last edited by loobylou; 07-12-2011 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added link to gallery

Re: Shack Survivor July 2011

I need someone who isn't playing so I can send them my list of elimination statements.

I think the Survivor gallery is open but if not you can post it in the gallery and label it Shack Survivor 2011 and when it's opened up I will move it.

Sounds like fun!! Thank you for doing this again!!!

I usually chk the shack every day - you can send your statements to me.
    67Cats = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ =

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

StampShack Mike is on board and will help us get the gallery set up. I have also asked him to get us a sponsor for a great prize or 2, in return for advertising on the front page.
    Thankyou Christie for offering to co-ordinate this. I know it is a big job. I will hold the statements and Not play if you need another "adjudicator"
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    StampShack Mike is on board and will help us get the gallery set up. I have also asked him to get us a sponsor for a great prize or 2, in return for advertising on the front page.
    Thankyou Christie for offering to co-ordinate this. I know it is a big job. I will hold the statements and Not play if you need another "adjudicator"
    Thanks for letting me know Sarah. I had sent them a message but hadn't heard back yet! I will send the elimination statements to the ShackHost so that way everyone can play but me!!!!

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Sounds like a ton of fun! I've always enjoyed this game! But too bad I'll be on my Alaskan Cruise during it.
    --Lidia

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestStamper View Post
    Sounds like a ton of fun! I've always enjoyed this game! But too bad I'll be on my Alaskan Cruise during it.
    Post your card before you go! You don't have to be here everyday to play. Just as long as your card is in the gallery before the deadline!

Awesome timing, I will work on mine this weekend. I can't wait!! I needed something like this to get my creative juices flowing in the morning for my day of stamping bliss.

So just to clarify I noticed it said no 6x6 recipe cards but regular 6x6 greeting cards are ok correct??? I tend to work in that size because most of the images I like to color are larger and work better on that format of card base, but I could be encouraged to work out of my zone if I need to. I have a stair step card fold I have been dying to try, so I may give that one a shot.

Now the question is......where did I put my camera.........hmmmm...........off to poke around and see where I left it last. It escapes me where it might have been left in the house.

Cindy

My Blog

+ Reply to Thread