+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To sort or not to sort

To sort or not to sort

How do you sort/store your paper? My 8 1/2 x 11 solid is in those "in and out" trays. The 12x12 is in those sterite drawers by color. My problem is some is heavier weight than others--usually the double sided is heavier and I like to use that for the base of a card. I was looking for some for that purpose this week and was very frustrated b/c MOST of my 12x12 is one sided for scrapbooking. How do you store yours? Do you separate dbl sided from one sided? Heavier from lighter?

2. Re: To sort or not to sort

I keep my double sided seperate. Other then that, I do what you're doing. I also keep Halloween and Christmas paper seperate. I have a drawer for Tim Holtz, Graphic 45, and KC Company paper.

Re: To sort or not to sort

i pretty much have two kinds...my cardstock (i'm a su loyal with cardstock) and patterned paper. so i keep my cardstock in a file cabinet and the rest in a cube with slots. mostly sorted by 3 themes...christmas, halloween and everything else!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    I keep my double sided seperate. Other then that, I do what you're doing. I also keep Halloween and Christmas paper seperate. I have a drawer for Tim Holtz, Graphic 45, and KC Company paper.
    I also have drawers for Christmas, Halloween/tksgvg, St. Pat's/ B'day. But you do take the paper out of the pads?

Quote Originally Posted by shuggy View Post
    i pretty much have two kinds...my cardstock (i'm a su loyal with cardstock) and patterned paper. so i keep my cardstock in a file cabinet and the rest in a cube with slots. mostly sorted by 3 themes...christmas, halloween and everything else!

so you empty the pads too??

sort my paper? I am supposed to do that? oh Lord, I am in trouble

I have decided that the next time I go to look at paper (which could be any minute!!) I'mj gonna look with cards in mind---no more scrapbook paper!

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    sort my paper? I am supposed to do that? oh Lord, I am in trouble
    LOL! Me too! I have cardstock separate from patterned but that's it for organization.
    Dee

9. Re: To sort or not to sort

I have som REALLY heavy one sided paper; don't understand the whole "sided" question.... I have most of my pattern paper arranged by it's dominant color. Then, I have a 12x12 Really Useful Box (LOVE those in ALL SIZES) that has some of my more "loved" papers by manufactuer; Oct Afternoon, Echo Park, Basic Grey, etc. Those are pretty much my go-to papers. ALL of them are pretty darn thick, no matter what's on the back!! Most of my cardstock is now 8.5x11 since i don't scrapbook anymore (although I really WANT to!!!) It's in a file box alpha by names (almost all SU paper now!) The 12x12 is in another paper taker arranged by color.

I have a shelf thing on the wall that I got from Home Goods Store - has 3 spaces; I have my solid SU CS in it for Bolds, Subtles, Regals
    Then under it I have a magazine basket for my neutrals and white, etc.
    I have two flip top bins that have my 12 x 12 all types of paper - solid colors, patterns etc

I sound organized - but I am NOT!
    67Cats = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ = = ^,,^ =

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

+ Reply to Thread