+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: help with cutting machine...

Re: help with cutting machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    I loved my Cricut. I used it with svg files and the cartridges. Now that Provocraft has sued everyone, I want out. Looking for a new machine myself.
    Lori, you are not alone on that! Lindsay is now anti provocraft too, for that same suing reason. I do think the silhouette is prob the wave of the future.

2. Re: help with cutting machine...

Angie, I did buy the Silhouette and I love it. I'm still learning about it but so far I've made my own Thanksgiving wall hanging and the cards I made for my grandkids are super. I even made Ava a heart necklace and it turned out beautifully. I say go for the Silhouette Cameo; it cuts 12 x 12 paper. I wish I had waited now, but I can always upgrade!

3. Re: help with cutting machine...

How much does the Silhouette cost ??? Is it cheaper than the cricut?
    The Shackretary

I found this :

http://www.ucutathome.com/store/prod...FUJI3godGFiYlw

Looks like this is a newer version of this machine. Are they still making the other version?

here's something else to check out:

http://silhouetteamerica.com/
    shelley

5. Re: help with cutting machine...

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    How much does the Silhouette cost ??? Is it cheaper than the cricut?
    I don't know the exact price in the USA, but in the long run it's cheaper because it doesn't take cartridges. If you see something you like on the Silhouette America website, it's only .99 usually. However, for me, I can recreate stuff I see in the shop and using Photoshop, can make it myself. Those I can't make, I splash out the $.99 for the item. And cutting fonts, you can use the fonts you have on your computer, so no font cartridges required.

The new Cameo machine, which cuts 12 x 12, has replaced the older model that cuts 8.5" x 12" paper. I want the new one, but will wait a couple of years.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    So you can stamp any image and put it on the mat and it will cut it- like say a penguin from Whipper Snapper?
    Yes. It has the ability to some free hand cutting.
    Nicole

I have the Silhouette. I really, really like it -- but rarely use it. I like the fact that I can download images that I like on the spot -- so if I'm looking for house, I can pick among the houses available and download the one I want. At Shackapalooza one year, I sent a shoebox for a house with windows and doors and a lot of little pieces -- I did that all on the Silhouette. There is a bit of a learning curve and I haven't figured out how to make my own images -- but I admit that I haven't tried very hard. I think it's a good buy.

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

HMMM, just when I JUST bought a cricuit---which I haven't taken out of the box yet cuz I promised myself I would clean my room before I unpacked it. BUT, before that, I needed to finish my swaps. Now I'm almost done with that--so now I'm wondering if I should send the cricuit back and get the silhouette. Opinions????

i'm leaning towards the silhouette. but that's just me. i like the computer part of it more than using cartridges. i generally have my laptop where ever i would need to use the machine.

{click above for my craft blog!}

what about eCraft machines? Does anyone use this?

+ Reply to Thread