I found an old post regarding the silhouette

http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthr...ouette+machine
    shelley

Re: help with cutting machine...

I found this on splitcoaststampers:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...e-t538990.html
    shelley

I'm no expert...have neither one, but I would go for the Silhouette because you aren't locked into the cartridges. I would want to be able to download images that I wanted instead of buying a whole expensive cartridge to get an image I want. It will be interesting to hear what others think. I don't have an electronic cutter at all so I may be way off base.
    Dee

Although I was very impressed with Karen's cricut at Utah Palooza, I think it can be very expensive buying all the cartridges. I don't know anything about the Silhouette but I plan on researching it.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

So I have a Cricut and like it. I just bought a Pazzle. I love it. I can get free images everymonth. The downfall is it is all connected through the computer. Also you can easily design your own item to cut. For an example. I can stamp an image. I then can put it on the Pazzle cutting mat and can cut around it with detail.
    Nicole

7. Re: help with cutting machine...

I loved my Cricut. I used it with svg files and the cartridges. Now that Provocraft has sued everyone, I want out. Looking for a new machine myself.

i'm thinking i'm more of a "hook up to the computer and print cool fonts and images" kinda girl.

{click above for my craft blog!}

9. Re: help with cutting machine...

Quote Originally Posted by shuggy View Post
    i'm thinking i'm more of a "hook up to the computer and print cool fonts and images" kinda girl.
    Then the Cricut is not for you! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ngreek View Post
    So I have a Cricut and like it. I just bought a Pazzle. I love it. I can get free images everymonth. The downfall is it is all connected through the computer. Also you can easily design your own item to cut. For an example. I can stamp an image. I then can put it on the Pazzle cutting mat and can cut around it with detail.
    So you can stamp any image and put it on the mat and it will cut it- like say a penguin from Whipper Snapper?

+ Reply to Thread