+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kindle Fire

Re: Kindle Fire

Thanks Joanne, that was quite helpful. Though, the question I had in my mind is still not fully answered. How did the wifi on the kindle fire do. I'll take mine on long trips and most likely the kids will be watching stuff on it. I just wonder if it'll drop the net or the streaming videos along the way. But, no matter what, the ipad is definitely not in my budget!
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tojoco View Post
    Joanie, the Kindle Fire does a whole lot more then just an e-reader. You can get your email, get on the internet, play games (especially Words with Friends), you can watch movies and t.v. shows and listen to music, etc. Plus you get 1 free trial membership to Amazon Prime. I hope you take the time to find out how to use some of these awesome features. If I can help you or answer any of your questions, just ask.

Thanks, Joanne. I'm going to take it with me to our DS's and maybe he or someone else there can show me things. I'm a learning by doing kind of person....but I need to see it first!
    J

Does it get a lot of advertising- Nancy

4. Re: Kindle Fire

Joanne, I don't have a kindle but Becca does. But, she doesn't like it. I'm an old fashioned (and cheap!!) girl who gets her books for FREE at the library!!! But, on the treadmill, the kindle is sooooo much easier than dealing w/a book!! So, you can only get online where there's wifi?? There is no wifi at work so that's why I'm thinking against an iPad or tablet. What's the point if I can't use it at work?

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    Joanne, I don't have a kindle but Becca does. But, she doesn't like it. I'm an old fashioned (and cheap!!) girl who gets her books for FREE at the library!!! But, on the treadmill, the kindle is sooooo much easier than dealing w/a book!! So, you can only get online where there's wifi?? There is no wifi at work so that's why I'm thinking against an iPad or tablet. What's the point if I can't use it at work?
    Suzi, with the ipad you can get 3G or 4G so I think you'd be able to use it at work but the ipad is more then twice the cost of the Fire and the more storage you want, the price goes up. The Kindle Fire is only wifi so you would not be able to get on the internet unless you're in a hotspot but it doesn't stop you from reading a book or playing games that are downloaded but not through the internet. So no matter where you are, you will be able to read your book.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread