+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kindle Fire

Kindle Fire

So who was it that was getting a Kindle Fire? Have you gotten it? Do you like it? I was messing with one in the store yesterday... Ohh my I might have to upgrade my kindle.
    Nicole

Re: Kindle Fire

I received the Kindle Fire last week and I absolutely love it. I was actually playing games, checking in to the Stamp Shack, playing "Words with Friends" and checking my email all while flying from Memphis to Newark. It is absolutely well worth the money.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

I want to get one too. Just was looking into it. Do you have any issues getting online with it? I'd assume not, since you can get it flying! Do you have the premium pkg? I know I'm getting one!
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

You get 30 days free trial of the premium package so I'm not sure if I will need to get it or not yet. I did have a minor quirk mid-air while I was on the internet where it would just jump back to the previous page I was on but I was able to quickly bring it back to the page I was working on. Over all I think it is well worth the $200.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

5. Re: Kindle Fire

Im thinking it since it's cheap & I'm not sure which tablet I want to waste my $$$ on. How much is the premium package?? What do you get w/it? Can you get anywhere on the web?? I did buy my first Kindle book this weekend......

I got mine last week too. I have no idea how to do what Joanne is doing....are those things in the instructions? I didn't notice anything like that in there.
    Could have missed it as there seemed a lot of info.
    At least for me...your non-techie friend.
    Joanie
    I did buy one book which I am reading!

Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    I got mine last week too. I have no idea how to do what Joanne is doing....are those things in the instructions? I didn't notice anything like that in there.
    Could have missed it as there seemed a lot of info.
    At least for me...your non-techie friend.
    Joanie
    I did buy one book which I am reading!
    Joanie, the Kindle Fire does a whole lot more then just an e-reader. You can get your email, get on the internet, play games (especially Words with Friends), you can watch movies and t.v. shows and listen to music, etc. Plus you get 1 free trial membership to Amazon Prime. I hope you take the time to find out how to use some of these awesome features. If I can help you or answer any of your questions, just ask.
    Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    Im thinking it since it's cheap & I'm not sure which tablet I want to waste my $$$ on. How much is the premium package?? What do you get w/it? Can you get anywhere on the web?? I did buy my first Kindle book this weekend......
    I didn't know you had a Kindle!!!

Here an answer to your premium package question:

Amazon Prime and Kindle Fire
    About Amazon Prime

Amazon Prime is an annual membership program that offers customers unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items, instant streaming of more than 10,000 movies and TV shows and access to borrow a Kindle book every month, including New York Times Bestsellers, with no due dates -- all for just $79 a year. Eligible customers who purchase a Kindle Fire will be given a free month of Amazon Prime.
    About the free month of Amazon Prime with Kindle Fire

Customers who have not used Prime instant videos over the past year will automatically be given a free month of Amazon Prime when they first activate their Kindle Fire. Eligible customers receiving free shipping benefits as an Amazon Mom, Amazon Student or as an invited guest of another Prime member will receive a month of Prime digital benefits, which includes Prime instant videos and Kindle Owners' Lending Library. If you're already a paid or free trial member of Prime when you register your device, you'll be able to seamlessly use your benefits without interruption or changes to your membership.
    Starting your free month of Amazon Prime

Your free month of Amazon Prime will start when you first activate your Kindle Fire. There is no charge, no credit card required to enjoy the free month.

I hope you decide to get one because it really is awesome.
    Joanne

I've been reading the reviews and such about the Kindle Fire. They're all coming in fantastic. Makes one wonder, what's the drawback. It's more than 1/2 the price of a ipad
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by midnitecreations View Post
    I've been reading the reviews and such about the Kindle Fire. They're all coming in fantastic. Makes one wonder, what's the drawback. It's more than 1/2 the price of a ipad
    Renu, check out this video:

http://cnettv.cnet.com/differences-b...-50113356.html
    Joanne

+ Reply to Thread