+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A very short notice request for Notecards for the Troops

A very short notice request for Notecards for the Troops

Hi Everyone! I know I haven't been very active lately, and I feel a bit weird asking this, but I know you guys and I know that some of you will want to participate.

For the past 5 years, you ladies have provided notecards for handmade fleece blankets that are provided to wounded troops overseas. In the past, we have had a lot of notice -- and you guys generously made over 300 notecards. I just got a call YESTERDAY from the woman who coordinates the effort -- she is having the marathon blanket making session on January 28th and asked if I could help her with notecards! That means I need them in my hands by January 21st! YIKES! She had some health issues and wasn't able to pull this off earlier.

If you would like to help out -- here are the details: The notecards are SINGLE LAYER cardstock (you can add layers, but they don't fold) that are 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, they must have room for a note from the volunteer who made the blanket, and they MUST have a large eyelet in one corner so we can tie the note to the blanket with ribbon.

Anyone who would like to help out -- please respond to this message or inbox me here or on Facebook -- and let me know if you need my mailing address (it is in my profile).

Unfortunately, Lisa isn't expecting that we will be able to make as many blankets this year -- because of the short notice, one of the companies that donated a lot of fleece in past years just had layoffs and she doubts that they will contribute as much -- if at all. And if anyone wants to MAKE a blanket, let me know and I'll send you the specifics.

Thank you so much -- any notecards will be appreciated!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

Re: A very short notice request for Notecards for the Troops

I will make some---any specific amt or just as many as possible???

I will send you some, I'm with patty..how many should we send?

i can make some!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Thank you guys! Since this isn't a swap, I didn't want to ask for a specific number. 10 would be great. More even better! It's such short notice, I'll be happy with any!
    Thank you!!!

Nancy I can do some too. I was just thinking about this the other day wondering if it was something you still did. Great cause!!

I'm going to try my best to send you some for this worthy cause.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

8. Re: A very short notice request for Notecards for the Troops

Can I get details on the blankets?

I'd be happy to make some notecards
    Cindy (with a Y)

For anyone who wants to make a blanket -- you need 2 yards of printed fleece and 2 yards of coordinating solid fleece. You lay them on top of each other and cut them to the same size -- removing any salvage. Cut a square out of each corner -- 4 x 4. You then cut strips around the edge -- about 4 inches long and about 1-1/2 inch wide. Then you tie the patterned/solid strip together in a single knot. Work your way around -- and voila -- you have a cuddly fleece blanket!

I found these instructions for a baby quilt -- same idea -- just way too small! http://familycrafts.about.com/od/nos...cetieblank.htm These blankets are really easy to make, very forgiving, and addicting... The first year I helped with the project, Emily and I came home and made several more for Christmas gifts.

If you have any questions -- let me know -- and thank you everybody!

+ Reply to Thread