+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I have been away

1. I have been away

Life has many unanticipated turns. My Mom enjoyed the holidays with her family including several grand and great grandchildren. Although she had several health issues she enjoyed that time to its fullest. So it was unexpected that just a few days later she developed new life threatening issues and died a few days prior to the New Year. She would have been 86 on her birthday January 5 but her body wore out before then. She shared many beautiful skills with my 2 sisters and me including her love of gardening, cooking, volunteering and crafting.

So I have been in Ohio these last couple weeks and out of touch. I too am very glad that I was not put on the “whatever happened to” list. I feel unable to put my thoughts together to close out the Christmas holiday. I received several beautiful shackie Christmas cards and enjoyed hanging them on my old kitchen cupboards and feel bad I never got the opportunity to send individual thanks for them. I came home to my remodelers my new upper kitchen cabinets hung and a few mechanical issues to complete before installing the base cabinets. In the midst of the holidays I made a handful of cards but it became impossible to complete more due to remodel. I am sorry for not getting cards to all my shackie friends.

I look forward to getting my house in a new order and am ready to start stamping again. One should never be without their ability to craft for months when that is their stress reliever!

Re: I have been away

I AM SO sorry for your loss. - Nancy

Jan, I wondered where you were and thought about you when the news talked about the avalanches in Alaska. So glad to hear you were nowhere near but very very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. It was wonderful to hear that the near ending of her life was filled with family surrounding her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

4. Re: I have been away

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. My birthday is Jan 5 too, I will always think of her on that day.

So sorry to hear your sad news Jan. Here's hoping that happy memories will soon replace the sadness in your heart.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

I am so sorry for your loss, Jan. There is no one who can replace our moms.
    HUGS
    Joanie

oh jan, I am so sorry for your loss. please do not feel bad about getting cards out. I'll bet you will be glad to have your house done and your stamping time back!!
    (((hugs)))

So sorry to hear about your mom, but so happy that she was able to spend her last days with those she loved. Hugs to you.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

Jan sooo sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Prayers winging their way to you.
    Renu
    My Art Journey Blog: http://midnitecreations.blogspot.com/

I am so sorry to hear of your moms passing. Sending you hugs and prayers. I could've come down to see you while you were in Ohio. Hope the remod is over with soon.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread