+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: used dryer sheet flowers

used dryer sheet flowers

I saw these someplace..pinterest maybe? anyways just use a used dryer sheet, cut out rough shaped circles, spray them with the shimmermist of your choice..I like Lindys, let them dry and outline with stickles. let that dry and glue them together and add a button or middle embelly of your choice. super easy and lots of fun.

Re: used dryer sheet flowers

ROTFL!!! Those are really cool but DH will have me committed if I save used dryer sheets, I'll have to find a good spot for them until I make the flowers!
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    ROTFL!!! Those are really cool but DH will have me committed if I save used dryer sheets, I'll have to find a good spot for them until I make the flowers!
    haha..I did an extra load od blankets this week to have more "used" sheets..this might cause a laundry movement!! lol

4. Re: used dryer sheet flowers

I just tossed the weeks worth....Dh will think I'm nuts if he catchs me picking them out of the trash!

You girls are both funny and inspiring--wish I lived closer. This might sound crazy, but every time I throw one away I feel like I'm wasting them--wht is it with us??? Are we budding hoarders? I"m already accumulating those security envies, now dryer sheets?? If my insurance company knew they'd probably raise my rates!!! Cindi--do they gather them up in the middle, or leave 'em lying flat?

I just left mine flat and cut out the circles.

I have done something similar, but I cut dryer sheets with the Tim Holtz tattered florals die in my Big Shot. They make nice soft embellishments. I also used some odd pieces of sewing vylene (i.e what you trace sewing patterns on to) when I saw a friend throwing them out! My rule is to diecut them straight away, not store the dryer sheets, cos then I am saving flowers, not junk!!!
    Sarah

Oh Sarah! I think the tattered floral is my most used. I love making flowers out of anything and I can't wait to try the dryer sheets! Cindi's look so cool!
    Dee

Oh now finally a reason to do the laundry! I am like Patty -always thinking there must be a use for them...Thanks Cindi.

They came out cool! I don't use dryer sheets, but perhaps you could use coffee filters?
    shelley

+ Reply to Thread