+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cat people - advice please

cat people - advice please

we have a kitty, about 6 years old who has never once done her number two's in her litter tray. we have tried everything!! problem is, she sleeps in the built in garage which we need to use as a bedroom now, not just storage n stuff, but what to do with the pooping cat. i can't have her pooping on the floor of the kids bedroom! anyone know any miracle fixes for such a problem?? it's driving me to despair!!!

Re: cat people - advice please

oh boy..I don't know, hopefully someone will. our cat Lucky always peed in the litter box but when he did a duty, he stood in teh litter box and hung his butt over the edge..little bugger, we never did break him of that, I just always put newspaper under the litter box..
    good luck

Sometimes it is certain brands of kitty litter that they don't like. There are some sprays that you can use to keep cats/dogs off of certain areas so maybe if you sprayed the floor it could keep him/her out of there for doing his business. Check with the vet for other suggestions.

4. Re: cat people - advice please

Sorry, no help. We had a cat that would pee in the litter box but as she peed, she lifted her butt higher & higher so she ended up peeing over the edge; never broke her of that!!! Cats are sooooo weird!!!

oh i know!! she wont poop in one spot either...it's just whenever and where ever the mood takes her urgh!!

I would confine her to a small cage with a litter box in it, until he'she learns this is the spot. A lot of times an animall given to much freedom does that. - Nancy

My cat will sometimes drop a poop here and there. We think it's b/c he's constipated and it hurts him to poop. so he runs and then it drops. They are hard poops at least. I do need to take him to the vet. As for your cat, I would confine him in a small room and retrain his ways.
    Kim

+ Reply to Thread