+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First wkend in June is jinxed!

First wkend in June is jinxed!

Last year was that horrid tornado and now this year there is flooding down near my mom. Nowhere near as bad as the tornado but ALL the roads into where I have to go are gone! I've been on the phone with mom and she is fine but we are trying to figure out how I'm going to get to Keene to pick her up. So lucky that nobody was hurt but jeeze, what is it about the first wkend in June?! Don't worry girls, we will be there but definitely going to be a longer ride and will take some planning..........I'm just glad that even though lots of folks are terribly inconvenienced , it's just an inconvenience and nobody was hurt!
    Dee

Re: First wkend in June is jinxed!

oh my goodness, that is awful. So glad no one was hurt, but as you say, it is a bummer to have those roads gone! (We went through Keene when we stopped to have lunch with Lori a few years ago, on our way to Kittery.)
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

UGH...so sorry for this. Glad you're going to make it even though your route has changed.
    See you soon!
    Joanie

wow..I was saying this same thing to my peeps tonight..;last years horrible tornado..then the year before a tornado hit while we were there..now this weekend is not sounding like the best weather either! what is up with that!
    geez.....but we will prevail..and after talking to tracey just now..it seems we may have an hour later arrival then we thought..but we will get there & I will be ready to make a micheals trip!!!

So sorry to have another weekend of trauma for our convention weekend!!! Be careful and we'll be there when you get there---no worries!!!

my brother Dave..some of you have met him..he figured out by studying the map and weather patterns that west springfield is at the end of "tornado alley" so if you \watch the tornado activity starting in the southern mid west it follows a path right to western mass..that explains the weather pattern

Guess I'll bring my water repellant windbreaker......sigh

Yay! Just got the word that they patched up Rt 9! That cuts about an hour off my trip to Keene. What a mess down there, I feel bad that people everywhere have to go through all these crazy weather events! At least in this case everyone is OK even though it will be rough for some, they still have their loved ones.
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    Yay! Just got the word that they patched up Rt 9! That cuts about an hour off my trip to Keene. What a mess down there, I feel bad that people everywhere have to go through all these crazy weather events! At least in this case everyone is OK even though it will be rough for some, they still have their loved ones.
    thank God for that.. glad people are ok

+ Reply to Thread