+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading right now?

Re: What are you reading right now?

Thankyou for your recommendations. I am off to the library this afternoon to see what they have. I like the idea of the crime novels, not too keen on vampires though. I did read one sooky stackhouse book and gave up pretty quick!
    Sarah

I actually just finished two books. "killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly, and "inside the Whitehouse" by Ronald Kessler the second one was actually an audio book but both were great and I learned a lot!

Since I am guessing you don't want good text book recommendations:
    So I read the Fifty Shades of Grey series. I actually found them not bad. I was not into all of the sexual pieces in it but there was a story line and I found it interesting. I may be different then others with reading it since I am in the field of psychology I enjoyed reading and looking at the progression of the character and what the sexual aspect purpose was versus just being in the story for shock value.

I would recommend it if you can read a book with sexual encounters in some detail with some out there type of things and look at the character development .. you will enjoy it. It really is a series of books about the different relationships we have and how we protect ourselves or create beliefs that cloud our present. If some one recommedns to read the Ann Rice Beauty series since it is similiar to 50 Shades.. Don't read it unless you want a series focused on sexual exploits.

I read another book called South of Bixby Bridge was another good book. It wa a journey with an individual and reading a story about the imapct drugs and alcohol can have.

I also read Finding Emma. This I enjoyed about when a child is kidnapped and how it can affect more then just the family the child was taken from.

After typing this I realized what heavy type reading I was doing.
    Nicole

I am still on the waiting list for "The Forgotten garden" by Kate Morton, I started it from the e-library but between report cards and my trip to NYC, I never got to finish it before it disappeared into cyberspace. I was really enjoying it so I went back on the wait list. So that should be in my inox in a few weeks, just in time for school to be over!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

i just finished "fly away home" by jennifer weiner. pretty good. i'm a chick lit reader. i like to read for sheer enjoyment so i don't like to hurt my brain. plus my reading comprehension sucks (probably because i don't try and hurt my brain!) so i just like light easy reading. my favorite authors are jennifer weiner, sophie kinsella, jane green, erin hilenbrand, nicholas sparks. i do like jodi picoult, too. only her's aren't always very cheery.

the 'friday night knitting club' by kate jacobs is really good. there are three in the series, i think.

{click above for my craft blog!}

I just finished a book called "That Camden Summer". It takes place here in Maine during the early 1900's. I also just finished reading one called "The Memory Keeper's Daughter". It was rather sad, but I HAD to finish it. I just picked up a couple Jodi Picoult novels, a few by Danielle Steel (Hadn't read anything by her since college!) and of course, Nora Roberts is always a favorite.
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

7. Re: What are you reading right now?

I love also Kathy Reich! If you like crime novel you will be served
    Pascale

Summer bingo 2011 words numbers
    2. 4.8.9.13.15.20.21.31.33.34.35.44.46.51.52.57.63.67.68.77.78.80.84.85.

My blog

I am reading the new Stephen King Novel I forgot the title because it is a date, but it is about the day JFK was shot. It started out kind of slow and odd but it is getting good now. I just finsihed a vampire series by Alexandra Ivy, but I don't remember the name of all them just that there were 7 books. I am never good with the titles but can tell you everything about the plots and characters and who the author is, not sure why the titles escape me so bad.

M is reading Fast Food Nation for a class at school and it sounds good I am probably going to read it next when she gets done.

Cindy

My Blog

I am a Debbie Macomber addict. I have read so many of her books, I cannot even keep track.
    I love Sue Grafton. She has done mysteries using the letters of the alphabet as part of the title....like "A is for Alibi."
    I read the Hunger Games trilogy...LOVED them.
    I have read Nicholas Sparks, and other male authors as well.
    Cornwell is great too.
    I have so many unread 'real' books on the shelf, and I have my Kindle Fire also. Torn between real and cyber reading! LOL
    Let us know what you decide to read.
    Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by shuggy View Post
    i just finished "fly away home" by jennifer weiner. pretty good. i'm a chick lit reader. i like to read for sheer enjoyment so i don't like to hurt my brain. plus my reading comprehension sucks (probably because i don't try and hurt my brain!) so i just like light easy reading. my favorite authors are jennifer weiner, sophie kinsella, jane green, erin hilenbrand, nicholas sparks. i do like jodi picoult, too. only her's aren't always very cheery.

the 'friday night knitting club' by kate jacobs is really good. there are three in the series, i think.
    I read the Friday Night Knitting club a while ago===I loved it==hated to see it end...didn't know there were 2 more;;;I'll have to go get them!!!

+ Reply to Thread