+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading right now?

What are you reading right now?

and what is on your Summer reading list (Winter for us Aussies)?
    I am always on the lookout for new books and new authors.
    I tend to find an author I like and then read everything they have ever written.
    How about you?

This year I have discovered Patricia Cornwell- The Scarpetta series about forensic science and crime/murder mysteries. I'm really into them! I'm on the last book of the series and already fretting about what to read next. I tried a couple of her other books from her "Win Garano" series and they were nowhere near as good.
    Please recommend something....
    Sarah

Re: What are you reading right now?

Sarah, the books by Kathy Reichs are similar to those of Patricia Cornwell. The main character is a forensic anthropologist and spends her time between North Carolina and Quebec Canada. I enjoy her much more than Scarpetta anymore. I thought her more recent books just didn't have as much to offer as her earlier works.

I recently read the first book by Jefferson Bass,(actually two gentleman) the books are mostly based out of the Body Farm, the real location visited in one of the Scarpetta books. I think it was called Carved in Bone. It wasn't outstanding, but I liked it enough to pursue the series. I am a huge fan of books that continue the characters, I really enjoy seeing how the author progresses them.

I am currently in an old series that began in the late 70's by author Marcia Muller and her main character is a PI who works in San Francisco. Speaking of San Francisco, I recommend the Spellman Files series by Lisa Lutz. The family are all in the private investigating business and they are all a little crazy, it is laugh out loud funny at times and pretty quick reading. I think there are only 5 books in that one.
    Hope I have given you some suggestions.

Kathy

I love nora Roberts and read everything I find from her. right now i am reading a trashy romance novel I picked up at a yard sale for .25 cents..glad that's all I paid for it..it's not very good.

I am like you,I read everything they have written, when I find an author I like. I just discovered James Patterson and have enjoyed a few of his. I have resisted reading 50 shades of grey that is the talk of the staff rooms and offices.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I bought some Sandra brown books at a garage sale a while back. I am on my third one in two weeks! I had never read her before and I really like her.

J.A. Jance I have read all her books

Sarah, right now I am reading "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close." The story is told by a nine-year old boy named Oskar who found a key in a vase that belonged to his father, who was killed in the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Towers in New York City on September 11, 2001. He scours all of New York looking for help in identifying what the key belongs to.

I have also read all of Mary Higgins Clark's mystery novels. I have to stay that she is my all time favorite author.

Please go to www.goodreads.com and add me as a friend. You can see everything I've read and all the books I have on my "to be read" list. I would love to be on your friend list.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Nurturing your Shy Child.. is what i'm reading right now. My 7 year old has a lot of anxiety and refuses to speak in public, so I'm trying to get as much info as I can to help him at the moment.

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

Just finished book number 13 in the MORGANVILLE VAMPIRE series by Rachel Caine.

Now I'm going to start INSURGENT, which is book two is a Young Adult fiction series--first one was called DIVERGENT. Don't have the book handy for the author's name.

I'm reading my way through about 6-8 different series--mostly Young Adult fiction--and I pretty much get them all from the Library. I'm on the waiting list for the next books in the series, as they come out.
    --Lidia

Right now I'm reading Frankenstein. My 16yo dgs is reading it for school, so, yes, I'm trying to bond. So far it's not bad!!

+ Reply to Thread