+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Love hate relationship with ribbon

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Love hate relationship with ribbon

I love love love my ribbon but I hate storing it. It's so messy. I just took most of it off of dowel rods and stuck it in plastic bins. How do you store yours????

Re: Love hate relationship with ribbon

I doubt that there is a good way---a few years ago I bought one of those zippered bags that is clear and an oblong shape. The idea is to put ALL the ribbon in there, and each piece of ribbon gets stuck through a tiny hole somewhere in the bag---when all the ribbon is loaded, the bag looks like it has all different colors of hair hanging out. Well, it keeps it off the floor, but its not as convenient as it sounds---or as I thought it would be---but I don't have any better ideas. Love to know what others are doing.

I sorted my ribbon by color some time ago. I have them in plastic bins. I just grab a bin, as to whatever color ribbon I am looking for.
    shelley

Oh man! I am so looking for "THE" storage idea for ribbon! I have a ton and can never find the one I want and even if I do, I have looked for it for way too long. I just recently got my own room, (which I'm so excited about!) but dealing with the ribbon has me stumped!
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Christie View Post
    I love love love my ribbon but I hate storing it. It's so messy. I just took most of it off of dowel rods and stuck it in plastic bins. How do you store yours????
    My DH wanted to put rods up for me but I'm thinking that would be a pain. So glad to hear you abandoned it before I let him do it!
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by jazzypurple853 View Post
    I sorted my ribbon by color some time ago. I have them in plastic bins. I just grab a bin, as to whatever color ribbon I am looking for.
    What kind of bins are you using Shelley?
    Dee

um, i don't...it's in a box with wild abandon. some is in a ziplock bag. i gave up looking for a good solution.

{click above for my craft blog!}

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    My DH wanted to put rods up for me but I'm thinking that would be a pain. So glad to hear you abandoned it before I let him do it!
    When you pull one ribbon the other ribbon comes undone and then when you use the last of one you have to take all the others off too so you can get to it. I think I am going to like the bins better. I need more and I want to sort it into colors

I have no good method at all. I have two stamp pad racks that have the ribbon dowels at the bottom. Those have about 8 - 10 spools each. great for at home creating but I do a few crops / roadshows so I never use those ribbons then. I have a few bags of SU ribbons from swaps / exchanges over the years. Great variety so I tend to keep those in the baggy and grab them to take in my cart. I do have a deep drawer in my "wheely" cart (are they really called iris carts?) where the rest of it lives til the spool is empty.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I started using the Ribbon Ring storage. I love it! I store my ribbons in 1 yard increments and I can see everything I have. I have it on a small cafe curtain rod attached to my Ribbon rod cabinet.
    0620121737 (Small).jpg0620121735 (Small).jpg
    Mary

+ Reply to Thread