+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What a great day I had yesterday!!!

What a great day I had yesterday!!!

Out of the blue, a cousin on my father's side called me and we arranged to meet Aug 5. We haven't seen each other if about 50 years!!! Actually it was my cousin's wife that called me--we agreed to meet at a rest stop on the highway as they were travelling around the country and were on their way to a family reunion. I gathered up a few pictures without knowing they did the same thing. I recognized them immediately when they arrived---we talked for several hours and had a wonderful visit. I could have cried when they left. Why do families do this (stay apart)...They had their grown children and grandchildren with them----mine were off in a dozen directions---but it was like we were never apart---I think life was better when the family all lived near each other. (I live in Ct, they live in Fla, their children live in Minn. and Washington state). What a shame---

Re: What a great day I had yesterday!!!

Sounds like you had a fantastic time, Patty. Glad you were able to meet up with some long-lost relatives.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Re: What a great day I had yesterday!!!

I am glad you got to have a good visit with them

+ Reply to Thread